Chapter 14

"I fuck with you, I fuck with you girl, I fuck with you, like you fuck with me, I show love to you, like you show love to me, and she always comes back home, cause I'm her backbone, I fuck with you girl ~Rich Homie Quan"

_

"I'm home." Uncle Rick said while smiling.

"Ricky, what are you doing here?" Doris says as she hugs her son.

"I thought you had to do another two years?" She said. "You didn't break out like that crazy Hispanic man did you?" She asked as she pulled away from the hug and pointed her finger at him.

"No," he laughed. "Actually, pops bailed me out two days ago. He said something about a wedding. Y'all renewing your vows?" He asked.

"He bailed you out?" Doris asked surprised as she moved out of the way to allow him to step inside.

The reason she's so surprised is because her ex husband, Richard said he was done helping Rick and if he wanted to spend the rest of his life in prison, that's his choice.

Rick's been in trouble with the law since the age of sixteen and Richard was getting fed up with him.

"Yeah, I was surprised too but now that I'm a free man, I think it's time for me to change." He admitted. "Where is he?"

"Umm, Rick," Doris says as she grabs his hand. "You're just in time for dinner. I hope you're hungry." She wasn't ready to tell him the truth just yet.

"Yeah." He said as they started walking towards the dinning room.

"Actually, Valentina and I made some last minute plans so we're gonna skip dinner." Deontae announced as he grabbed her hand.

"Let's go." He said as he quickly but gently pulled her away from the dinning room and towards the front door.

"We made last minute plans?" Valentina asked as she arched her eyebrow.

"It's a long story, Valentina." He sighs.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked. "Is it about your uncle coming home?"

"Valentina, I wanna take you somewhere." He said as he looked over at her.

"What are you waiting for?" She asked. "Let's go."

__

"Thank you for agreeing to see us again, Mae." Zolia says as she and Calvin sat on the white couch across from Mae.

"I'm actually glad that you decided to make another appointment with me. After what happened at our last session, I was hoping you'd come back. I really want to help you guys." Mae says with a smile.

"So, how have you two lovebirds been since our last visit?" She asked as she grabbed her pen.

"We've gotten----"

"Worst and it's awful!" Zolia interrupts Calvin.

"Really? Why do you feel this way Zolia?" Mae asked.

"Because nothing has changed! His mother's still at our house and our arguments just seem to keep escalating." She explains.

"And she's still talking to Jody! Don't leave that part out." Calvin says.

"Zolia, why you don't like Calvin's mother?" Mae asked.

"Calvin and I have been together since high school. She's never liked me, she thinks I'm terrible a mother, wife, and cook. And the worst part is, Calvin can't stop being a mama's boy for ten minutes and tell her we don't need any of her opinions or approval in our marriage, household, or life." She said as she folded her arms.