Chapter 10

"You don't know what you mean to me, no matter what I do, all I think about is you, even when I'm with my boo, boy you know I'm crazy over you ~Kelly Rowland"

_

Valentina laughed at another one of Angelo's corny jokes. She was so frustrated because Angelo was so boring and all she could think about was Deontae.

She wouldn't be bored if Deontae was sitting across from her instead of Angelo.

"Oh, my moms calling me. Excuse me, Angelo. This will only take a second. I'll be right back." Valentina lied while smiling as she got up from the table.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Take your time. Tell her I said hi." Angelo said while smiling. Valentina walked to the front of the restaurant and called Deontae.

"Deontae, he's so boring!" Valentina whinnied as she folded her arms and pouted.

Deontae laughed. "So, what do you want me to do? Come save you from boredom?" Deontae asked as he laughed.

"Deontae, it's not funny! He's so dry! Can you please come get me?" She begged.

"No, I'm good. Have fun with your bae!" Deontae said before he pretended to hang up.

"No, no, no, Deontae don't hang up on me!" Valentina said as she stomped her right foot.

"Ain't nobody hang up on yo ass! I'll be there in a minute but you gon' have to break the news to Angelo by yourself." Deontae said as he got up and grabbed his keys.

"What am I suppose to tell him?" Valentina asked.

"Just tell your waitress to tell him you had an emergency and you had to leave." Deontae said as he pulled out of the driveway.

__

"Put your seatbelt on." Deontae said after Valentina got in the car. She quickly put her seatbelt on before Deontae pulled off.

"Thank you so much, best friend. That nigga was too dry." Valentina said before she started kissing Deontae's cheek.

"You better be lucky that I came to pick you up. I stopped playing 2k for this." Deontae says as he looks over at Valentina.

"You did what?!!!" Valentina yelled; she was shocked.

"Yeah. I know. I surprised my damn self." Deontae said.

Valentina laughed as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. She had a text from Angelo.

"Oh my gosh! He really thought I had a family emergency. Now, I'm gonna go to hell all because of you, Deontae!" Valentina yelled.

"What'd he say?" Deontae asked as he laughed.

"He said I hope everything's okay with your family. I'll keep you in my prayers." Valentina answered.

"That nigga know he don't pray!" Deontae said while shaking his head as they pulled up at his house.

"Whatchu doing up so late?" Deontae asked as he kissed his grandmother's cheek.

"I have to tell you guys something really important." Doris said while sighing.

"Do you want me to leave?" Valentina asked after she kissed Doris' cheek.

"No, sweetie you're apart of our family too and Deontae's gonna need you. Where's Diamond?" Doris asked.

"She's spending the night at Miya's house tonight and what do you mean I'm gonna need her? Need her for what?" Deontae asked.