Chapter 25

"You the one that I want in my life, you the one that I want every night, you the one that I want on my side, promise for you I'll ride, I need you to be there for me" ~Youngboy NBA

***

"Are you sure you're okay here all by yourself?" The officer asked Tracy.

"Yeah." She answers.

He reaches into his pocket. "Here's my card." She takes it. "Call me if you need anything. Thank you again for all your help."

She smiles before closing the front door after he walked out. She sats the card on the kitchen counter before looking for something to drink.

Miguel slowly makes his way downstairs to sneak out the back door. He ducks behind the couch when she turns around. He crawls to the front of the couch when she starts making her way upstairs. When he was sure she was upstairs, he slips out the back door quietly.

He leaves on foot and thinks about what he's going to do.

"Fuck." He says while rubbing his head. He decided that he was just going to leave. He knew Miya wasn't going to go down alone.

As he was walking, a car started driving beside him. He kept his cool and continued to walk at the same paste without making eye contact so he wouldn't alert whoever was in the car. The window rolled down.

"Aye, chico, you Miguel?" A hispanic man calls out.

"Who wants to know?" Miguel asked, never making eye contact.

He hears him chuckle. "Sebastian."

Miguel stops and so does the car. He finally makes eye contact and comes face to face with a black woman and a latino man.

"Sebastian?" Miguel says. Sebastian was a legend in the streets. He was very careful with who he recruited. "Like...the Sebastian?"

"Ooh, a fan." Sonya sarcastically says.

"Tú primo, Carlos put in a good word for you." Sebastian says. "How'd you like to help us with this...assignment?"

***

Diamond

Diamond

"You okay, babe?" Miguel asked as he woke up. She was sitting at the bottom of the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said as she crawled to the top of the bed to lay next to him.

"You sure?" He asked as she laid her head on his chest. She nodded as he rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. "I know you're scared."