Chapter 27

"If loving me is hard, I apologize, If I push you away, promise you'll stay by my side" - Rod Wave

Miguel sat at Miya's bedside along with his mother, Trina and Tracy. He noticed Tracy's body language and the look in her eyes. It seemed like she was trying to withdraw herself from the situation but she also appeared to look guilty. His mother held Miya's hand crying as the nurse flashed a light into her eyes.

"Be honest with me," She pleads with the nurse. "Is my baby gonna be okay?" She said with her eyes full of tears, barely able to speak.

The nurse took a deep breath. "Ma'am, she's not responding to anything we've been doing to treat her as well as we want her to, and it appears that she's...brain dead. I'm afraid it's only gonna be a matter of time before she...goes. I'm sorry." She says before exiting the room.

Trina couldn't handle hearing these words. She began crying uncontrollably.

Miguel scoffs. "What are you crying for?" He asked as he repositioned himself in his chair. He leaned forward and folded his arms together. "Please tell me what you're crying for?"

"What are you talking about?" Trina questioned him with tears in her eyes. "That's my daughter. I have every right to be upset."

Miguel begins to chuckle. "Your daughter? Okay!" He says as he continues laughing.

"Miguel, chill." Tracy says as she wipes a tear away. "We're all upset about Miya. Don't make everything about yourself."

"No, Tracy, cause I'ma say something to yo sneaky, distant ass inna minute." He calmly addressed her before turning his attention back to his mother. "I don't know why you're sitting here crying. You gave birth to children you never raised and you think you can choose to be a fucking mother now?"

Trina runs over to him and raised her hand to slap him in the face. He grabs her wrist to prevent her from hitting him, never breaking eye contact with her.

"Miguel! Mommy!" Tracy yells at them as she places her arms around her mother. "We all need to be here for each other. It's not the time to be fighting. Miya wouldn't want that."

"Tracy, how the fuck would you know anything about her or what she wanted?" Miguel firmly says to her. "You think Miya dying is gonna bring us all together? Make us a big happy family? Mommy don't give a fuck bout us!"

"I brought you in this world and I will take ya ass out!" Trina said starring him in his eyes.

"Just like you let your old dealer take Tracy, huh?"

"What?" Tracy asked shocked, now standing in between Trina and Miguel. "Mommy, what is he talking about?" She looked at her.

Trina grits her teeth, never taking her eyes off of her son. "Boy...."

"What is he talking about, mommy?"

"Nothing!" Trina said before sitting back down.

"Nothing? So you drugging her, dressing her up, and selling her for drugs was nothing?" Miguel reveals.

"What? Mommy, for real?" Tracy asked while crying.

"Nigga, why you think I even got in the game?" Miguel questioned her. "I was 13, Tracy, you was 12. I only got in because I wanted to get the money to get you back. I got in the same day, and some niggas owed dad a favor so they looked out. I've always taken care of you and Miya and protected y'all from Mommy, but I ain't realize how much y'all was just like her, just in different ways. And I can't protect you from ya self." Miguel speaks making the memories of what happened five years ago come rushing back for everyone in the room.