Chapter 15

"It's easy to see that you're fed up, I am on whole 'nother level, girl he only fucked you over 'cause you let him, fuck 'em girl I guess he didn't know any better, girl that man didn't show any effort, do all I can just to show you you're special, certain it's your love that holds me together ~Bryson Tiller"

~

"Terrance, I'm sorry." Diamond says as she pulls away from the kiss. "I can't do this." She pushed his hands off of her body.

"What do you mean? You can't do what?" Terrance asked as he tried to pull her closer to him by her waist.

"I can't be with you, Terrance. I don't love you anymore. I missed you, I'll admit that but, Terrance you were right. I do deserve better and to me, Miguel is and always will be better." Diamond says as she stepped away from him.

"Diamond, when I said better, I meant me!" Terrance says. "I meant you and me in a few years, baby." He said as he grabbed her hands.

"So, you wanted me to just sit around and wait for you, Terrance?"

"Diamond, I wanted to get my shit together, graduate, get a real job, further my education, but most importantly," he says before stepping closer to her "I wanna be with you and that's all that matter."

"Yeah, well, it's a little too late for that now." She says.

"Look, Diamond, I know I hurt you - I'm not gonna stand here and pretend it didn't happen. I didn't want it to happen but, it did. And I'm sorry, okay?"

"Can't you just move on with your life and forget about me?" She asked.

"I can't! Don't you think I tried? I can't just forget about you, Diamond! It's not that easy!" He yelled.

"Well, try harder!" She yelled

"I didn't know I was gonna fall in love with you that deep. I didn't know that losing you would leave me with all this pain."

"So, you thought you'd get over me easily?" She asked.

"No, that's not what I'm saying." He said.

"That's what it sounds like." She said while laughing.

"I don't even know why I'm here!" She honestly says.

"Tell me what's going on, Diamond." He says. "And don't say nothing's going on. When you get that look in your eyes it usually means you're in some deep shit."

"I don't even know where to start," she says as she places her hands on her forehead; she was starting to feel a little light headed.

"Start with us," he suggested.

"Terrance, when we were together, all I wanted from you was to receive the love that I gave you and now that I'm with someone else you're ready to give it to me? Can you explain that to me?"

"Have you ever heard you never know how much a person means to you or how much you love them until they're gone?" He asked; she nodded.

"Yeah, well, I'm the perfect example of that, huh?" He says. "Diamond--

"Look, Terrance," she cuts him off "I'm not asking you to forget about me. I'm telling you to forget about me. This is goodbye." She said as she struggled to hold her tears back.

As much as she hated to say goodbye to Terrance, she had to. Her heart is in Miguel's hands, not Terrance's.

It's hard to say goodbye to someone who's always been there for you almost you're whole life. Someone who you've never lived without. Even though they haven't been on good terms since they broke up, they weren't completely out of each other's lives.