Chapter 26

"I say I do just to say I don't, don't give me no reason to go through your phone, this is deeper than you and other women, this is daddy issues" ~ Teyana Taylor

***

"I can't believe you! This is the most idiotic thing you have ever done! Why would you allow her to get in this car?!" Sonya yells at Sebastian as he sped down the road. "What are we going to do with her? Allow him and her to shack up in our home?!"

"Yo, shut the fuck up!" Deontae spoke from the backseat as Valentina nudged for him to stop.

"Excuse me?" Sonya says as she turns to look back at Deontae while Sebastian laughed. "Who the hell you think you talkin' to? I gave birth to you, not the other way around."

"Yeah, and that's pretty much all you did. So like I said, shut the fuck up." He repeats himself as Valentina continued to nudge him. He gently squeezes her hand to let her know that he knew what he was doing. "You need me, not the other way around."

"Damn, you just can't win, mi amor?" Sebastian says to Sonya with a chuckle. "El es un Martinez seguro." He says just as they pull up outside of this beautiful mansion.

"Whatever." Sonya rolls her eyes. "We're staying here for the night and don't even think about leaving. Nobody has time to roam around looking for y'all black asses." She steps out of the car after one of the workers holds the door open for her.

Deontae gets out and holds Valentina's hand as she steps out. She tries her best to not let her worry appear on her face, but Deontae could tell. He kissed her hand making her smile before they walked inside.

"Leslie, please show my son and his slut to their room." Sonya says while looking them up and down.

"You better be glad Ion disrespect or put my hands on women." Deontae says as he held back the urge to beat her ass. Just as Valentina was about to speak, Sebastian intervened.

"Slut?" Sebastian gasps before turning to face Valentina. "Valentina, I apologize for my wife's behavior. She's definitely not the one to talk. Let's not forget that you slept with half the basketball team, dear." Sonya slaps him, making him chuckle.

"I am so sick of you!" Sonya yells as she continues to hit him.

"Sick of me? Why, darling, I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you." He chuckles making Sonya slap him again. "Keep your damn hands off me, Sonya." He says as she jumped into his arms, punching him.

"Um, don't mind them. That's how they love. I'll show you to your room." Leslie nervously laughs. Deontae and Valentina follow Leslie upstairs. "If you need anything, just buzz me." She hands them a small remote before shutting the door and leaving.

Deontae caresses Valentina's cheek as she looks up at him. "Deontae, what the fuck is this shit? What does this mean? What's gonna happen?" She goes on and on and on.

"Hey, look at me." He says, he didn't want to drag her into this, but he never seems to be able to tell her no. "I don't know what's gonna happen, but I promise ain't nothing gonna happen to you or us, okay? I love you so much and I don't know any other girl who would stand her ground and get in that car with me, okay." He says making her laugh. "You are honestly crazy, babe. That shit was real sexy tho." He says while biting his lip making her playfully slap his chest.

"I love you, too." She says before they share a kiss. "I don't even know what I was thinking. I just knew that I wanted to be wherever you were." He pulls her into a hug and kisses the top of her head. He wanted to be strong for her and he knew that he would protect her, but he had no idea what was ahead of him.