Chapter 17

"How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?, Everything I went through you were standing there by my side, And now you gon' be with me for the last ride, It's been a long day without you, my friend" - Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth

***

"You weren't supposed to end up with her, Miguel. You were only supposed to make Terrance go away!" She says as she struggles to hold her tears back.

"Well, I fell in love with her and I can't..." Miguel stops in the middle of his sentence and looks at her.

"Oh my god! You like Diamond?" He shockingly asked.

"Yes! And seeing you two together makes me sick! I have to act like I'm happy for her and I'm not!" She says as she lets the first tear roll down her cheek.

"Then why the fuck would you set us up? Why didn't you tell me all this bullshit?" Miguel says; he hated it when people left out important details like this.

He's told Miya more than once that he's in love with Diamond. Miya had more than enough chances to tell him the truth.

"My feelings aren't bullshit, Miguel!" She says. "And I thought you could get some more information out of her that could help you with Terrance."

"Miya, what the hell? Did you even stop and think they might fall in love?" Miguel says. "Did you even think about how Diamond would feel?"

He was pissed! You can't do shit like this and except people not to fall in love. The hearts wants what the heart wants and there's nothing anyone can do to stop you from loving the person you're in love with. The love will always be there.

"No, Miguel! I didn't think everything through. I just wanted him gone." Miya says. "So, are you going to end things with Diamond after this is all over?"

"Are you fucking crazy? I can't just leave her!" He said.

"Why not?!"

"Because I fell in love with her! Miya, get the hell out of my way!" He said as he pushed her out of his way.

"I'm still gonna handle the Terrance situation because I don't like that nigga either but when it comes to Diamond," He looks at her. "That's all me."

"We'll see about that, Miguel." She laughs.

"Miya, I ain't know you was this fucked up. Your father told mama not to smoke when she was pregnant with you, she ain't listen." Miguel shakes his head.

"What do you mean your father? We got the same daddy."

"You really believed that shit?" He laughs as he walks upstairs. "You don't even look like that nigga."

"Miguel?!"

"What, nigga?"

"Do you know why Diamond hasn't been talking to me?" Miya asked.

"Yo, keep my girl's name out of your mouth." Miguel said as that crazy feeling started to build up in him.

Noticing the angrier in his voice, she decided to let him walk away.

"Fine." Miya sighs as she watched him walk upstairs.

Since Miguel obviously didn't want to talk to her anymore, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

"Who can I call? Who can I call?" Miya whispers to herself as she searches for her phone. "Tracy, please pick up."

"What do you want, Miya? I'm busy!" She answers the phone with an attitude.