Chapter 13

"We made a bond from the very beginning, I found my homie and my best friend, I'mma be there for ya till the very end, no matter what, no matter what, no matter what, yeah, we broke the rules, we took it further then, we made a promise to each other we gone never end, she gone be there for the kid, no matter what ~Future"

_

"Valentina, wake up." Zolia says while shaking her.

"What's going on?" Valentina whispered; half asleep.

"Deontae's downstairs. He wants to talk to you. He said it's important." She said.

"Mommy, it's seven o'clock in the morning. This couldn't wait until two?" She asked; not even realizing that her mother mentioned his name.

"Did you say Deontae?" She asked as she looked at her; she was fully awake now.

"Now she's awake!" Zolia says with her hands on her hips. "Yes, he's downstairs." She said.

"Tell him to go home! I don't wanna see his stupid face." She says before placing her pillow on her face.

"Why not? You guys were just the best of friends yesterday?" She asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Can you just tell him to leave?" She begged, even though she didn't want him to go.

"Nope! Ya homie, your problems. I'm going back to sleep." She said before she walked back to the bedroom she shared with Calvin.

Zolia decided that she had enough man drama for this week.

"Ugh!" Valentina says before she gets up and walks into the bathroom.

__

"Why are you here and what do you want?" Valentina asked as she walked downstairs.

"I hate it when we argue, Valentina." Deontae admitted as he followed her into the kitchen.

"Me too." She says while sighing as she turns around to look at him.

"I still think you should go home," She lied while shrugging.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Deontae, maybe we should take a break from each other." She suggested.

"A what? What does that even mean?" He asked confused.

"It's kind of like a separation vacation." She says.

"You mean, me in jail and you in the hospital? Nope! You are my best friend, if I'm dying, you dying with me! Ain't no choice!" He said. Valentina laughed as she walked over to him.

Truth is, they both felt miserable last night.

Valentina thought she was helping but Deontae didn't want any help at the moment.

"Valentina, I didn't even realize how boring my life is without you in it. I can't even watch SpongeBob because Patrick reminds me of you." He said causing her to laugh again.

"You're an idiot sandwich." Valentina says; mocking Chef Gordon Ramsay's voice as she hugs Deontae.

"Look, about yesterday, Valentina. I really wanna apologize. I shouldn't have said what I said to you and---" Before he could finish his apology, he was cut off by Valentina.

"Deontae, it's okay." She says.

"No, I really wanna make it up to you." He said as he looked down at her.

"Deontae, trust me. It's okay. I would've stabbed you by now if I was mad." She said.

"Okay, let's get you away from the kitchen." Deontae says as he gently pulls her away from the kitchen.