UNTOLD

Levi's POV

"Arch... Arcade, bracket... Casement, uhm," I heard her whispering. 

I'm busy reviewing some contracts while she's currently busy sitting in front of this wide table at the Solidad's. She's holding the pencil up to her lip while she silently memorize the terms that I gave her a while ago. Some strands of her hair are falling off from the half bun she'd made on her hair. Wearing the usual white vintage looking like dress, she's looking like a complete modest and simplest girl I've ever seen in my life. 

"Clearstory... C-culopa," she muttered unsure. I smiled a little when her forehead furrowed and seems to realize that she mentioned it wrong. 

"Cupola," I corrected her. 

She glanced at me and her full set of white teeth showed up, "Oo nga." then she came back to whispering those words like nothing had happened. 

Meanwhile, my heart sunk deep. Tila hindi ko sinasadyang mapigilan ang paghinga ko at kinabahang hindi ko iyon napagtanto. Something inside me felt weird and I didn't know how to react. Nalunod ako sa kailaliman at parang ginugusto ko pang walang sumagip sa akin. 

The smile on my lips vanished as I stare at her. She's simply doing nothing special, sa pamamagitan lang ng maamo niyang mga mata na sinabayan ng matamis niyang mga ngiti, hindi ko malaman kung bakit parang ang laki ng epektong dinudulot nito sa akin. 

I've seen a lot of different woman in my life, I've seen busty, sexy and even fancy ladies of all age. I'm not gonna make myself clean, I've been curious when I'm still on my early days, I've seen a lot, I've experience some, and out of all of that nothing seems to level this kind of feeling she's giving me. 

There's this different intuition every time I look at her on eyes, like I wasn't just seeing her at one glance but it seems like I see every chapter of her soul, and that in my whole life... That's something I crave for. 

Hindi ako sigurado. Ayaw kong gatungan ang mapaglarong isip ng tao. Kahit pa paulit-ulit ipilit sa akin ni Celestine na may gusto ako sa batang ito ay hindi iyon mangyayari. I just need to not dwell on it, right? Hindi ko pwedeng sapawan ang kalokohan ni Celestine dahil wala akong panahon sa mga ganung bagay. 

Tama, trabaho ang ipinunta ko rito. That's what I need to crave for and not a fvcking poetry descriptive my ass. 

"How's the project?" mom asked me through the call. Hinihilot ko ang sintido ko habang kausap siya. 

"Some of the suppliers are not giving any feedbacks, we can't continue this project because there might be a shortage midway of the track." 

I feel so stressed, ilang beses ko ng minura si Cali sa isip ko. Dapat ay sa Maynila ako at hindi ang construction ng branch na ito ang pinoproblema ko. I massage the bridge of my nose as I lean on the swivel chair. 

"That project is long over due, Levi. It needs to be done as soon as possible." 

"Why are we such in a hurry? This branch didn't even had that great-"

"Just do as I told, son." 

Marami pa siyang sinabi ngunit sa isip ko ay alam ko naman ang puno't dulo ng lahat ng ito. She really has her own way of overcoming her pain and sorrow. She's too prideful and superior. What can I do? She's still the one who managed the VGH anyways. 

Once the call stopped I gave myself some minutes and decided to finally continue this paper works tomorrow. I closed my laptop and I'm quiet surprise when I saw Ava sleeping in front of the table. Unan niya ang kamay niya sa ibabaw ng lamesa, ang lapis at guhitang papel na lagi niyang dala ay nagkalat sa lamesa. 

I was so busy that I didn't even notice that she's still in here. She might have fell asleep because of how boring I am. The side of my lips rose up and I stood up silently so I will not disturb her. I scanned her face, she really has a fair skin. She has this petite physique but it fits her all. 

I'm feeling tired but somehow, a strong release of ease stayed into me when I look how peaceful looking she is. Her pointed nose, long lashes and curve lips. She has it all. In the vast green and blue painting of Mar De Vena, there's this angel hiding in here all along.

"Ava," I whispered on her ears.