스물 여덟. First display of affection.

"Mom, I have to go, I'm late!"

"Oh! Hurry up! Be safe when taking the bus! Did you eat your breakfast?"

"Eating right now."

"Mm, take care, study well Ddeonu!"

"Love you too mom, mwuah!" 

Sunoo ended the sweet call with his mother, chewing on the small bread on his mouth as he bent down to tie his shoe laces.

Ddeon tilted his head and crawled up to Sunoo, as Sunoo took the bread off his mouth and patted the cat's head.

"You take care of yourself, there's food in your bowl." Sunoo smiled and opened his studio apartment's door and rushed to the bus stop. His arms were filled with his text books since he didn't have that much time to place them inside his bag. 

Sunoo ran and saw no sign of the bus from afar, throwing his head back from frustration. A male straightened his head and opened his eyes, looking left and smiling.

"Why did it have to be monday, I have History as first period and the teacher sucks!"

The male's lips curved up to a smile, containing his laugh as Sunoo fixed the text books on his arms.

"I don't think our History professor would be pleased of you saying that about her."

Sunoo shot his head up and saw Niki standing up with his hands out, gesturing the younger to give the books to him.

"A-ah, it's fine I can handle these."

"Your boyfriend wants to hold them for you. Can't he?"

Sunoo got taken aback as Niki smiled and raised his eyebrows for approval to hold the male's books.

"It's just been one day, sheesh.." Sunoo complained, but on the inside his heart was pounding like crazy, looking around to see if anyone saw them.

The bus arrived as Niki moved his head as Sunoo's frozen figure melted and started walking, feeling Niki's arm around him.

Sunoo flinched and looked at Niki as Niki was surprised. Sunoo awkwardly chuckled before biting his lip.

"L-Let's go?" Sunoo gulped and rushed inside the bus to save both of them a seat, as Niki furrowed his eyebrows from confusion and sitting beside his boyfriend.

Sunoo looked out the window as the bus started to move, wondering why he didn't want Niki to touch him in public.

Maybe because he was ashamed? Embarassed? Shy? Or was it a mix of all of them?

His thoughts got disrupted by Niki's knuckles knocking on his skull and turning his head to the younger.

"You okay?" Niki asked, waving a hand at Sunoo's face.

"A-Ah, yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You shook my arm off earlier, I was wondering if you're okay.." Niki sounded concerned and Sunoo felt bad, he really did, but he's afraid it would hurt Niki if he told him the reason behind his actions.

"O-Oh, that was nothing, sorry about that.."

"It's fine!" Niki showed his warm smile and patted Sunoo's head, as the older's stomach was like a cage of butterflies.

-

Sunoo walked beside Niki as students kept looking at him. He wanted to run away but the stares eventually go away due to Niki's death glares.

"Are they dating?"

"THAT'S the guy Niki likes?"

"Oh god, how can he have such err taste.."