서른여덟. The bill I have to work for.

Emi sneaked her chopsticks to Sunoo's bento, only to get a slap on the palm. She whined while Sunoo ate peacefully.

"I ate all my crabsticks!" She complained.

"That sounds like a you problem." Sunoo stood up with his empty bento box, throwing the box at the trash can outside the store.

It was currently 11:30 am and he hadn't eaten breakfast since his shift at the cashier starts at 8. He rubbed his palms together, entering the store again. Sunoo swiftly brought out his phone from inside his pocket, opening facebook.

Emi peeked and squealed, making Sunoo roll her eyes.

"Your friend Heeseung really is handsome." She stood there, smiling - daydreaming about Heeseung's bambi eyes, perfectly sharp nose, small but plump lips and charming height. 

"Ah, I wish I could fly to Korea to meet him~" She said in a refreshing tone like as if she really was dreaming. Sunoo snapped his fingers in front of her, making her wiggle her head.

"You don't even know if he's into girls like you. Or if he's even into girls." Sunoo scoffed, making Emi rest her elbow by the cashier and look right into her junior's eyes.

"Just because your friend group is gay doesn't mean he is. Plus, He's my age. I'm charming, he's charming. I'm good looking, he's good looking. Don't we fit perfectly together?~" Sunoo pushed her elbow away, scrolling through facebook again.

"A 6'1 man that majors in music. Wouldn't he be a great husband~" She tapped Sunoo's shoulder, wanting to convince him if she could get Heeseung's number.

"Oh! That's a nice resort." She peeked on Sunoo's phone again, as Sunoo looked at the resort website.

It was a beautiful resort near the beach, it almost looked like a large castle from how expensive both the inside and the outside was. Customer service was 5 stars, the rooms looked like it came out of a very rich mansion, with white and gold walls and furniture, the pool looked amazing, it included a ball room, a bar, sports court, breakfast to dinner buffet. The scenery was remarkable, the place was absoloutely stunning.

"Wow, it looks amazing." Sunoo commented, looking more at the reviews.

"Maybe Heeseung and I could have our honeymoon there!" Sunoo pricked her forehead, giving her a death glare. He was aware Emi had a HUGE crush on Heeseung, love at first sight like she says, even though Heeseung doesn't know her. It annoyed him but he couldn't lie, Heeseung was single, he'd be happy to take part in giving him a relationship.

The door of the store opened, making a ding on the bell from above, making both Sunoo and Emi bow their heads.

"Send me the link to that resort website, I could book a reservation." Emi smiled, going behind the cashier.

"A reservation for who? Us?" Sunoo asked.

"No silly, for me and Heeseung-"

"He doesn't even know you exist!"

-

Sunoo's toes touched his bedroom's wooden floor, rubbing his eyes from tiredness. He exited his bedroom with his phone in his hand whilst yawning. He woke up at 2 am to drink water, parched that he hasn't drank a beverage since 8 pm.

He opened the living room lights, noticing his mother's shoes weren't by the door. Sunoo raised an eyebrow. He was sure his mother was at home, she said goodnight, he even watched her go inside her bedroom.

He curiously checked his mother's bedroom, confused that his mother wasn't there at the moment. Where could she be? She can't be in the bathroom, the bathroom door was open and there was no one inside.

The metal door beeped, making Sunoo widen his eyes. He tiptoed to the couch to get a pillow, going backwards to protect himself from any danger.

The door opened, revealing his mother. She had eye bugs, but it was now worse. She looked very tired, like she was about to collapse. 

"Mom? What are you doing outside at 2 am..in your office clothes?" Sunoo approached his mother, letting go of the pillow he once had his grip on.

"Ah, Sunoo-ah, You're still awake? I just had to buy something in the convenience store."

"In your office clothes? With your office things?" Sunoo held on to his mother's shoulders to prevent her from falling.

"Mom? Are you okay?" Sunoo asked with a concerned tone. He does admit, his mother has been acting weird this month, she kept coming home late with a tired body.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Sunoo asked once again, more serious this time.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart.

Mom's losing her job."

-