16. nowhere to hide

NOWHERE TO RUN , chapter sixteen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❝ 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦   ❞

❝ 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 ❞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐃. Deena's pained screams were muffled out by Simons grip and Josh's research was flying around in his hand.

And Juliet Salvatore stood there frozen.

"guys ── guys!" Josh's voice filled the classroom taking everyone's attention "grab Sam now!" he yelled looking at Simon who let his grip go of Deena who immediately ran after Sam, bringing her in moments later.

"what, what's going on?" Sam asked looking around the room "there's another way" Juliet told the girl before grabbing the girl and walking over to Josh. "C. Berman" he told them 

"she's the key"

Simons screams took the Salvatore girl out of her trance and she grabbed a mop shoving it in between the door handles, "that should do it for now" she whispered to herself quickly checking Simon for any cut's or bruises.

"your such a mum"

"Camp Nightwing, 1978, group of campers, brutal massacre" Sam started off reading off the paper trying to ignore the sounds of Juliet and Simon fighting of the said Nightwing killer.

"There was one shady side survivor, C. Berman" Josh finished off for the girl "still traumatized the girl claims she saw the witch" Sam said looking at Josh who had an idea forming in his head "just like you, so if she survived I'm pretty sure-"

"there might be a way for me to live too"

"Kate can you hurry up!" Juliet yelled out from the door still defending the Nightwing killer away "I got it, C. Berman, 9006 Brennan Way, this has gotta be her"

"Deena get the phone!" 

"1-555-4747" Kate called out to the girl who lifted her phone to her here only to hear the butt end of a voice mail.

"fucking old people!" Juliet cursed hitting at Nightwings hands "we need some help here!" Simon called out to Kate who joined the two in defending him "he's strong" Juliet breathed out using the only strength she had left to close the door on his fingers.

Hearing screams to her right, Juliet was met with the sight of the killer gripping onto Simon's hair "Juliet move!" Josh called out to her holding a sharp object and stabbing it in his hand giving Simon time to get out of his grasp. 

"she died" Sam mumbled looking at the paper "you just called her" Juliet pointed out the obvious to the girl who rolled her eyes "I mean she survived ── but first she died" Sam said passing the piece of paper to Deena .

Juliet watched the two converse keeping her head away from the door as much as she could. 

Fear settling at the bottom of her stomach, Juliet took a breath in her eyes glossed over , she wonders what it would be like if she just stayed in the god damn bus.

Sure, she might be safe from killers but ── tonight was the most fun the girl had ever had in her entire life.

"The fucking rhyme?" Deena called out to Simon who had been holding the door as much as he could with a stool.

"She'll take your blood, she'll take your head, she'll follow you until your dead!" he yelled out, his feet planted on the door "we need to leave!" Juliet reminded the group who all looked to each other in agreement "we need to stop Sam's heart" Deena told them, her face filled with exhaustion.

Running out quickly to the ambulance, Simon picked up the small girl who was lagged behind and placed her in the vehicle before slamming the door shut.

"let's Timothee this bitch"