01. secret worth keeping

SECRET WORTH KEEPING , chapter one

❝ 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦 ❞

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐏

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐏. Though her eyes weren't set on the cup, her blue sky like eyes washed over to town until they landed on the rugged boy. The boy in which they both held their secrets to their own and hoped that nobody would ever find out, but the lust and passion was to hard not to catch as they decided not to speak in public.

It didn't stop the two from looking at one another though.

"Harper Salvatore!" her father called out from the girl who turned around in a hurry from the man, "yes father!" she called back to the man who just nodded his head and looked in-between the apparent 'ex' friends "I'm just checking if you're alright" he dismissed the girl before walking back into their wooden house. 

Grunting to herself, Harper rolled her eyes at the footsteps that thudded behind her.

"Thomas I will smash this cup into your brain you-" Harper stopped herself as she turned around to see one of her many good friends Sarah, "oh my goodness, Sarah I'm so sorry" she apologized to the girl who just laughed "it's fine Harper only mad Thomas could get you that mad" she smiled before leaning in slightly.

"A full moon rises before nightfall" she smirked as Harper copied her expression "good night to enjoy the fruits of the land" she smiled before turning her head back to her wooden house "well I will be there if I don't get caught" the young girl sighed before dipping her handkerchief into her bucket of water again, "well it would be easy since all the times you've snuck out with him" Sarah smirked, her head leaning towards the Kalivoda boy who was currently shoveling up the after fall of the towns cows.

"Sarah Fier you are a wicked one" the Salvatore girl laughed as the girl raised her brows at her. Sarah was a trust worthy person, just like her younger and her elder. But father always had a rule book that he had hoped his family would follow.

Yet nobody really did.

That would explain the girls need to rebel and, her mothers liquor she shoved down her throat every night.

Everyone had their ways to deal with the Salvatore's. 

As she finished cleaning the cup for her mother, the girl started to walk over to her family's hanging line to let her handkerchief dry but yet she saw the taller town drunk sitting in her front yard. "Thomas what are you doin here?" she asked as she tried to stop herself from laughing at his frozen state, "the wind called me" he replied "did the wind have a cover labeled 'hard liquor on it?" the girl replied and Thomas chuckled as he went to go admire the piece of material, only to have his hand slapped down almost immediately "stop it, your hands are dirty" she told the boy who rolled his eyes at her cleanliness. 

"I came to tell you something" he told the girl before clumsily stepping backwards, almost stepping on her fathers plants "if you're going to brag anymore about de-flowering poor Abigail Berman I suggest you leave" Harper scoffed as she heard the loud laughs come from the boys mouth. Silence took over as Harper waited for the boys words and Thomas just looked into the sky.

"I see betrayal coming your-"

"Thomas!, what are you doing in my back yard" her fathers voice beamed out as the boys demeanor didn't falter, he just laughed as he jumped over the wooden fence.

Even when not visible his words rang through her mind ── betrayal, 'I see betrayal coming your way'. What did that mean?

A tough grip on her shoulder reminded the young Salvatore girl that her dad was still in her presence. "Honey, you can not associate yourself with these- these people" he told her as the girl slightly rolled her eyes at her father "father, I wasn't associating with the boy, and anyways, him and mother have the exact same-" "do not talk about your mother that way!" the man whisper yelled as he grabbed onto the girls wrist, "father, this hurts-" "my rules, Harper!" he know yelled but stopped as he realized the noise he was creating. 

"Think about it Harper"

Watching as her father closed the back door Harper was quick to drop the bucket of water out of fear and run quickly to the Kalivoda home. "Isaac!" she called out. The girl was in need of comfort and she believed he was the only one that she could trust her secrets with.

The boy stepped out from the hallway, surprised to see the girl at this time of day. "Harper are you okay?" he asked before the girl let out a quiet sob and ran into his arms with full force, Isaac was confused at first but did accept the girls hug as he ran his hands down her back to comfort the girl.

He let her cry into his shoulder even though he knew it would stain for the next hour whilst he worked but he didn't care. 

"I'm sick and tired of sneaking around" she admitted through sobs "but father would never approve" she cried as Isaac snaked his hand through her hair and patting it down.

"Do I have to put one knee down for us to become an 'us'"

okay so in the movie Deena would be seeing Kristine play Harper but because of plot reasons im writing it as if Anya is Harper

also did anyone get the reference about proposing to make them an item because Simon said something similar in 1994

also Harper and Mad Thomas are lowkey friends but she will never admit it so he likes to talk to her because he knows she'll just tease him and not hit him away like the others so when he tells her betrayal is coming, he's actually worried.

I'm literally head cannoning majority of the characters in 1666 because we literally know NOTHING about them.

anyways remember to vote and comment because silent readers will die (: