Mistake (3)

The first day went by without a hitch. All of the students were nice and no one got in trouble, so far. I've been kind of staying away from Severus.

I don't know what happened last night but it shouldn't happen again. I mean it's been over 2 years, what we had is over. As dinner approached my nerves started to shake. My seat at the head table was next to Severus and that just made me extremely nervous.

Nonetheless I finished my paperwork and walked to the great hall. I quickly sat in my seat next to him as students started to fill the great hall. As I drank my pumpkin juice Severus leaned in close to my ear.

"I was looking at the whiskey from last night, the boys but a love potion in it," he whispered making me gasp and my cheeks turn red.

"When 2 people drink it, they both desire one another on a deeper and more connective level," he continued on. My eyes darted to the two Smart boys sitting at the Slytherin table.

I knew Severus was going to punish them so I didn't have to but why? Why give Severus the love potion? Did they think it would be funny or is it something more?

I shrugged it off as Severus stood up to give his daily speech.

"Before I begin I want to introduce our new Professors, which I didn't introduce last night," his deep voice boomed in the hall, giving me goosebumps.

"First Professor Fairwell, as most of you know she is our new Potions master and our new herbology Professor is Professor Longbottom," he had both of us stand and nod to the student.

Once I sat back down he started going off about rules and what would happen if you break them. And holy shit, these punishments were worse then detention.

Most of them involved the death eaters rooming the school. Oh how I hated it! They scared the children and most of the adults. I mean they were here my 6th year but they never harmed me, probably because of Severus. But what they did to kids was awful.

I sat in silence most of dinner and once it was off I left and headed to the library. I entered silently and opened the door to the restricted section.

I grab a book before sitting down in a chair and opening to the first page. Before I knew it, it was already Midnight.

Fuck! I have to get back to my chambers!

I put back my book and rushed out of the room and dashed down the hall. As I ran I bumped into a hard figure and crashed to the floor. I got up quickly and looked at them. Of course I had to run into a fucking death eater!

"What are you doing out so late?" He hissed menacingly. I gulped and took a step back.

"I was in the library and I was just heading back sorry for waisting your time," I muttered quickly before turning around. Before I could take a step he grabbed my arm his if bony hand.

"I don't think so. You know the rules. Now you get punished," he growled. I pulled my hand away from his and backed up. "I am a professor not a student. Now, if you don't mind I'm going to my private chambers," I growled back.

He glared at me and in a moment I was pinned against the wall. "I wonder how headmaster Snape would feel about your little outburst, pretty little lady," he hissed in my ear.

I struggled against his grip as he pushed me further against the wall. He gripped my arm and threw me to the floor. "Get out of here!" He shouted. I got up quickly and ran to my chambers.

My wrists hurt along with my side. Once I enter my chambers I went to bed. I was hurting and a bit scared of the death eaters walking around. That was the first time any of them had even acknowledged me in 3 years.