Recovery (21)

Months later... (literally though, so sorry)

Edited by Grammarly so probably some mistakes still.

_________________________________

I slowly packed my bag as Severus signed us out of the hospital, we have been here for months and finally, we can leave. These months have been hell, and I can't wait to get home.

For the first few months, I lived in fear of Lucius or Tom coming to finally kill us. I flinched when the nurses tried to touch me and anxiety-filled me when my hospital door started to open. But it's all hopefully over, we get to go home.

Severus slowly walked into my room with a smile on his face. "Why are you so happy?" I asked

He made his way next to my bed and held my hand. "They are gone," he whispered with a grin. My body froze, not knowing if I heard him right. "Say it again" I whispered, my hand squeezing his tighter.

"They're gone, they were taken to Azkaban yesterday," he whispered. I broke down into happy tears. It felt like a huge weight was lifted from my chest. The source of most of my problems has vanished.

I leaned up to Severus and hugged him tightly. "We're finally free," I whispered in soft sobs. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Let's just get the hell out of here, please," he nodded and grab my bag with one hand before grabbing my hand with his other. I shut my eyes as he got ready to apparate. Seconds later my stomach wrenched and I fell to the floor. I stood up as Severus tried to help me up. "I'm fine, just got a little dizzy," I reassured him as we walked to his room.

"After a while, we will get your things moved into my room," he told me, setting out bags down on the couch.

"I'm going to go lay down, I'm tired," I muttered, walking to the bedroom, I laid down and pulled the covers over my body, too tired to take off my shoes. Severus went to the end of the bed before removing my shoes for me and setting them on the floor. He then got into bed next to me, wrapping me in his warm embrace.

"I won't ever let go of you again, darling," he whispered deeply in my ear. I snuggled against him closely and smiled.

We stayed like this for a while and soon fell asleep.

We ended up sleeping for the whole day, which was fine. I didn't end up waking up until 6 am, the only reason I woke was because Severus was trying to wake me up. He placed soft kisses on my cheeks and whispered in my ear.

When I woke up he hovered over me with a sweet smile. "Good morning darling," he huskily whispered. I smiled and replied before I got up. "Since we aren't allowed to teach for a few more weeks I'm going to head to the library and grab some books," I said as I got dressed, "would you like to join?"

"I would love to," he replied. We both got ready and walked out the door. His office was cold and I shivered as we walked to the staircase. As we walked the halls a few students started to whisper when they saw us. Some stopped and stared, it started to make me feel uncomfortable. It reminds me of my years as a student here.

We ignored them and continued walking to the library. Once we entered the door we split off to look for our books. Of course, Severus headed to potion books while I headed to the romantic novels.

As I was skimming through the books I heard someone say my name. I turned around to see Neville standing behind me. As soon as I saw him he pulled me into a tight hug. "Lily! I'm so glad you're ok. I haven't heard anything in months. I thought you were gone," I could hear the shakiness in his voice, he was starting to cry.