4

The next morning, I just arrived at the college campus after driving myself there. I was exhausted out of my mind because I couldn't sleep well at all last night due to my neck. Due to my horrid struggle to sleep yesterday night, I got to campus a little late.

Walking inside, I'm greeted by the four guys standing near the water fountain waiting for me and they notice me.

"Shiyeon! Fucking finally. What took you so long to come?" Jay groans dramatically.

"I woke up late. I barely got sleep last night." I say, rubbing my neck in pain.

"I can tell." Sunghoon snorts.

"It's 10 in the morning. Don't make me come for you this early, Sunghoon." I glare at him and he chuckles.

"Good morning, guys. Thanks for waiting for me." I say.

"Good morning, beautiful." Jake smiles at me.

"No. Goodnight, Jake." I deadpan.

"You're so mean, Shiyeon. It's too early in the morning to be mean. Especially to me."

"It's well deserved." I respond to him.

"Is your neck better, Shiyeon? How's it feeling?" Heeseung plays with my hair for a few seconds, looking at me.

"It's better, but not fully healed." I answer.

"You guys are SO cute together, aren't y'all?" Jake lets out a small, but forced-sounding chuckle.

"Here we go again with this shit...." Jay facepalms, smacking Jake's head.

"Quit being passive aggressive, Jake. It's so cringe." Sunghoon giggles in his deep voice.

"Huh? Passive aggressive for what? Why would I be passive aggressive?" Jake crosses his arms against his chest.

"Jake! Jake! Oh my gosh, Jake. You're SO hot." This girl with blotchy highlights walks up to us, completely ignoring everyone but Jake.

She bats her eyelashes at him, twirling a strand of her hair in front of Jake while smiling at him flirtatiously. The three of us judging her secretly, he smiles at her, flirting with her in return. Feeling disgusted, I can't help but feel amused by what I'm witnessing. The girl's trying so hard that it's funny to me, and Jake's totally going along with it; as expected of him.

Like I said before, he's the biggest flirt.

He flirts with everyone he sees.

God forbid he ever gets a girlfriend. He would be sleeping outside forever if he got one.

"Thanks, you're pretty cute, too." Jake says to her, flashing a charming smile at her.

"Are you friends with this girl?" She looks at me nastily.

I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Excuse me?" I say to her.

"Why would someone like Jake be friends with someone like you? It's totally unexpected."

Jake's smile disappears and he stares at her coldly, that charming smile quickly disappearing into a cold, scary gaze.

"Yes, I am friends with her. What about it?" Jake puts his hands in his pockets, looking intimidating.

"Leave it. Don't waste any of your words on her. I certainly won't." I shrug it off.

"I'm just saying it's unexpected for someone as handsome and rich as you to be friends with a low life like her. Am I right?" The girl snarls.

"Shut the fuck up." Jake remarks.

"HAHAHAHAHA" Jay cackles loudly, gripping onto Sunghoon while hysterically laughing.