26

"God, I'm so excited for this ride!" Jake exclaims loudly.

We were waiting in line for the Viking ride; we were the next group up along with some other people.

"Let's sit all the way in the back." Jake says, patting Sunghoon's shoulders.

"I'm kinda scared..." Heeseung shudders. "It looks really high up."

"I'm scared, too. I don't know if I can do it! Eesh!" Sunghoon grabs my arms, squeezing them gently while shaking me a little.

"It'll be okay, Hoon. You'll be fine, Heeseung! You guys can do it." I look at them both.

"Yeah, the Viking ride isn't that scary compared to some of the other rides here." Jake adds.

"How are you guys not scared?! It goes so high up!" Sunghoon points to the ride while it was operating.

"Shiyeon... I'm scared..." Sunghoon clings onto me, pouting like a puppy.

I ruffle his hair while giggling.

"It'll be fine, Sunghoon. You can sit next to me." I tell him.

"No! I'm sitting next to Shiyeon!" Heeseung jumps in.

"No, she offered to sit next to me first!" Sunghoon bickers.

"Shiyeon can sit in the middle of you two. Don't argue," Jake chuckles. "You guys are such babies."

"Hey! I'm not a baby!" Sunghoon and Heeseung exclaim at the same time.

"We're up next." I notify the guys.

We enter the ride, sitting all the way in the back row. Jake sat all the way in the left, Sunghoon next to him, I was in the middle, and Heeseung on the right end.

We pushed down the safety bar to our laps, waiting for the operator to check us. Sunghoon wrapped his arm around my arm, clinging onto me tightly. Heeseung saw this and copied him, wrapping his arm around my other arm. I was now holding onto both of them on each side.

"Shiyeon.. I'm scared!! Jake, I'm scared!!" Sunghoon whines.

"Don't worry, man." Jake laughs.

"It'll be over in 25 seconds." I tell them.

The operator guy comes to check our safety bar, clicking it shut so that we were secured in our seats. After he was done checking everyone's' safety bars, he was getting ready to start the ride.

"I'm scared... mom.." Heeseung pouts.

The ride begins slowly at first, rocking back and forth slowly as it gets higher and higher. Sunghoon and Heeseung cling onto my arms tightly, holding onto me.

"Huhuhu... Shiyeon! Help!" Sunghoon yells, the ride getting faster and higher in the air.

"This isn't that scary- AHHHHH!!!" Heeseung screams.

The ride goes really fast and high in the air, rocking back and forth making our stomachs feel like they're dropping.

"MOM!!! AHHHH!!" Sunghoon shouts.

"GAEUL!!! AHHHH!!!"

"BAHAHAHAHA- AHH!!" Jake yells happily.

I didn't scream or shout, all I did was laugh as I enjoyed their screams and the thrill of the ride.

"SHIYEON!!!! HELP ME!!" Heeseung shouts again.

The ride begins to go slower and less higher, and the ride completely stops when it reaches the platform. The safety bars rise up and we leave the ride. Heeseung and Sunghoon look as pale as ghosts, still holding onto my arms as we walk away and sat on a bench.

"That ride was so fun. I want to go on aga-" Jake gets interrupted.

"No." Sunghoon and Heeseung say in unison.

"Shiyeon, how are you not scared? It was so scary!" Sunghoon gasps.

"I love scary rides. They're fun." I grin.

"They have a Tayo ride! Can we go on that one?" Sunghoon points.

It was a kid ride that was Tayo themed.

"That's for kids, stupid! We'll look creepy if we go on. That ride is filled with little kids." Jake says to him.

"So what? Adults can have fun, too!" Sunghoon huffs.

"It looks fun." Heeseung shrugs.

"Go on it, then." I look at the two.

"What about you two?" Heeseung and Sunghoon stand up, looking at Jake and I.

"I'm gonna sit here and watch you guys. I'll take pictures and videos for you." I reply.

"I gotta take a small break. If not, I'll get motion sickness really easily." Jake holds his stomach.

"Okay. Take pictures for us!" Heeseung exclaims, walking away with Sunghoon to the Tayo kids' ride.

I was left alone sitting on the bench with Jake. An awkward silence arose between us as none of us were saying anything, so I tried to find something to look at; I just kept my eyes on Sunghoon and Heeseung the whole time.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and began to take pictures of them while they posed cutely. Sunghoon sat on one of the Poco themed seats, and Heeseung sat on one of the Billy themed seats. I giggled in awe while taking pictures of them, because they looked so adorable.

Jake clears his throat, speaking up.

"Shiyeon." He calls out.

I gulp, my heart beating fast. I didn't want to ignore him, because I'd just feel extra bad.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"I'm sorry." He says simply.

I put my phone down, turning my head to look at him. He has a sad expression on his face while looking into my eyes.

"I'm really sorry for hurting you." He breaks eye contact, looking at the ground while tears formed in his eyes.

"I know I was 100% in the wrong for not informing you what was going on, but I can promise you with my whole life that I didn't take it seriously like Jay did. I thought the whole thing was a joke, I just thought he was joking around. I didn't think he was really out to hurt you. I'm not expecting you to forgive or to believe me, but just know that I'm sorry and it wasn't my intention at all to hurt you. It was just my misunderstanding, but I'm still sorry for not letting you know." He says to me.

"I'm not sure how much you heard that day, but I want you to know that I made it clear to him I didn't want anything to do with what he was doing, and that you didn't deserve any of it." Jake adds. "I'm sorry about everything. I really am."

Before I could say anything to him, Heeseung and Sunghoon came back from the ride. Jake looks away from me and puts up a smile as he notices the two coming back, while I process everything that he just said to me.

"How was it?" Jake chuckles.

"It was fun. You guys should've went with us." Heeseung pouts his lips at me.

"Yeah! It was so fun! You guys missed out." Sunghoon crosses his arms.

"There's more kids rides, I promise I'll go on some with you guys." I look at them both.

"Yeah, me too." Jake adds.

"I wish Jungwon, my brother, and Riki came with us. It would've all been super fun." I frown.

"It's okay, Shiyeon. I'm sure they're having fun together already." Heeseung puts his hand on my shoulder, assuring me.

"Yeah! Don't worry about them." Sunghoon jumps in.

"Let's go, guys."

The four of us set off to walk around the carnival, getting on some kid rides and also some thrilling ones.