27

"Can we go on the Superman one?" Jake points to a ride after just getting off one.

The ride was the tallest in the air, and you would be on your stomach basically flying like Superman. This ride was the loudest as everyone going on it screamed with all their lungs.

"Let's go on it." Heeseung nods.

"T-That one?" Sunghoon stutters.

"Yeah, let's go!" Jake exclaims.

The four of us walk over to the ride, getting in line. I notice that Sunghoon was more quiet, and he seemed more pale while looking at the ride going on. He wasn't saying a word as his hand gripped the metal bar fence.

"Are you okay, Sunghoon?" I ask him, nudging his arm.

"I don't know if I can do it.." he chuckles nervously, panicking a little.

"You can do it, man!" Jake assures him.

"Fighting." Heeseung smiles widely.

We're next in line, and Sunghoon is still scared. He steps back a little, shaking his head while holding onto a pole.

"I can't do it." He whines.

Jake and Heeseung gets the help of an operator to attach some safety equipment onto them, and they wear helmets. I stand next to Sunghoon.

"Are you okay? Do you want to do it?" I ask him.

He breathes out loudly, taking some courageous steps onto the platform. Then, he freezes up, and runs back down to me.

"I can't do it." He shakes his head.

"Shiyeon? Will you go on?" Heeseung asks me.

"I'll stay back with Sunghoon." I tell them.

"No, it's okay. You can get on with them. I'll stay back and watch you guys." Sunghoon says to me.

"Nah, I'm a bit scared of this one, too." I admit with a chuckle.

Sunghoon and I walk off, sitting at a bench that allowed us to see the guys on the ride clearly. Heeseung and Jake were getting attached to the ropes of the ride while Sunghoon and I talked.

"Thanks for staying back with me, Shiyeon. I can't ever do scary rides like this one." Sunghoon puts his head on top of mine.

"I don't blame you. This one is scary to even me as well." I reply.

"Sorry we didn't let you know beforehand that Jake was coming. I just couldn't go to a carnival without him, you know?"

"It's alright, Sunghoon. Don't worry about it." I say to him.

"AHHHHHHH!" I hear Heeseung and Jake shouting.

Sunghoon and I laugh from their screams.

"I saw you guys talking earlier. Was he apologizing?" Sunghoon takes his head off me, looking at me.

"Yeah. He said sorry to me." I nod slowly.