28

After we all finished our food and drinks, we decided to take a small break before going on other rides since we just ate.

"I've been seeing so many people from our college tonight. I'm guessing this carnival is really popular." Heeseung says.

"Yeah, I've seen so many students as well." Jake adds in.

"Carnivals are always popular. They're fun." Sunghoon grins cutely.

"I haven't seen many people. Who are you guys talking about?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You haven't seen many people because you hate everyone but us, Shiyeon." Sunghoon chuckles.

"That's not true-" I get cut off by an unfamiliar female voice.

"Hi.. you're really cute...." Our heads turn and our eyes land on this girl looking at Jake.

She's looking at him with flirty eyes and a charming smile.

"My name is Yuji, and I was wondering if-"

Jake's response really caught me by surprise.

"No thanks. Not interested." Jake looks away from her.

He would always flirt back with the girls who hit on him; but right now, he flat out just cut her off before she could even finish her sentence. He didn't even look at her for a good 10 seconds before looking away.

I guess Jake and the other guys were right about him not flirting back with girls anymore, after all.

This made my heart flutter a little, and it was weird.

"W-What?" The girl Yuji stammers. "I said, I was wondering if-"

"No. Not interested." Jake interrupts her again.

"Wait, let me finish!" She stomps her feet like a child.

Jake sighs in exasperation, turning his head slowly to look at her again with uninterested eyes.

"Would you like to go on a date with me sometime? We can exchange numbers, and-"

"I'm not interested in you. At all. Leave me alone, please." Jake cuts her off for the third time.

Wow, I wonder how she's feeling right now.

I look at Sunghoon and Heeseung; they're biting their lips, trying their absolute hardest not to laugh. Because of their funny faces, I burst out laughing.

"Excuse me?" The girl's voice cracks as she's forcing a high-pitched girly voice.

I stop laughing once I realize she's talking to me. Biting my top lip, I look at her, unbothered.

"Are you laughing at me? Bitch," she scoffs.

"Who are you calling a bitch-" Jake stands up to her, but I stop him by calling his name.

"Jaeyun. It's okay." I tell him, and he sits back down.

"I wasn't laughing at you, but.." I begin laughing again. "Now I am, because you just look really stupid right now."

"I almost feel bad for you. You look absolutely pathetic at this moment," I breathe out, controlling my laughter.

"Shiyeon.." A small laugh escapes from Jake's mouth.

"Shiyeon, don't make her cry.." Sunghoon quietly cackles.

"If he says he's not interested, then he's not interested. Why do you keep asking him? Stop pressuring and bothering him for an answer when he already said three times that he's not interested in you." I stare at the girl blankly.