18

We were still laying on the blanket under the sky together while making conversation about random things, finding out that we had a lot more in common than we thought.

It felt nice and relaxing, laying here and just talking with him. I feel more lightweight and stress free, which was really pleasing for me.

I'm able to find and learn more about Jake as a person and so far, I think he's a really good and interesting guy.

"What's your favorite subject?" I ask him.

"Physics and math." He answers me with a small, proud smile.

"Really?! You like PHYSICS? That's so strange! No one ever likes physics." I exclaim.

"I like physics a lot. I gifted myself a physics textbook once, when the guys and I were doing this useless gift event." Jake explains to me.

"You gifted your own self a physics textbook? Wow, that's so funny. You're the first person I've ever met to like physics." I tell him.

"I guess I'm a pretty unique person to you, then. I'm happy to have that title." He stretches his arms out.

"What's your favorite subject, Shiyeon?" Jake asks me.

"My favorite subject is probably History. I like to learn about the past." I answer.

"You're the first person I've ever met to like history! You're special to me, too. I mean- unique. Unique, I mean. You're unique to me, not special." He stammers, sounding flustered.

"Yes, I understand." I giggle.

"How do you feel about mint chocolate?" He looks at me.

"It's disgusting. I hate it." I immediately answer.

"I don't get how anyone likes mint chocolate. My brother likes mint choco a lot, and I always question his sanity because of it." I add, laughing.

Jake laughs softly.

"I don't necessarily have an opinion on mint chocolate. I know Sunghoon and Heeseung hyung hate it. I think all of the guys hate mint chocolate besides Sunoo." He says.

"What are your pet peeves?" I ask him.

"Hmm... when someone tries too hard. Like, they try really hard to act a certain way. Also when people do stuff out of spite or out of negativity. It pisses me off a lot." Jake explains.

"I agree. Doing things out of spite is just immature." I nod.

"What are your pet peeves, Shiyeon?"

"I don't think I have any." I shake my head. "Not closing the door all the way is annoying, though."

"My dog Layla learned to push the door closed with her head whenever she enters the room I'm in." Jake smiles proudly.

"You taught her that?" My eyes widen a bit.

"Yeah! She's a good girl." He chuckles happily.

"I've met Riki, Jungwon, and Sunghoon's dogs, but I haven't met your dog yet. I'm really looking forward to it." I say.

"Yeah! I'm excited for you to meet her, Shiyeon! I'm positive she'll love you."

"Ahh..." Jake breathes out.

"Hm?" I hum.

"I feel really good tonight. Hanging out with you today helped remove all my stress." He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him, while we both sit up.

"Yeah, I mean... I don't know. Things aren't really the best at my home. My parents never really acknowledge the fact I'm there, and they never spend time with me. When I'm having hard times, they're not there for me. Only Layla is. They're really mean, but... I learned to accept it. But sometimes, it gets to you, you know?" His smile fades.

"I'm sorry.." I gulp, feeling sad for him.

"God, I just wish they saw me as their son and not just some stranger in their house...." His voice cracks.

I look at him and he's biting his bottom lip, tears running down his cheeks.

"Sorry. I don't know why I'm crying. The tears came out of nowhere, I usually never cry, I always hold it in..." His voice shakes, while he wipes his tears.

"I'm really sorry for crying, Shiyeon, I didn't mean to ruin the mood, I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry.." he rambles on.

"Sorry. I'm sorry,"

He begins to apologize more, but I interrupt him with a hug. He tenses up at first, but quickly holds me tighter with his head rested on my shoulder.

He begins to sob again after we embraced. While he was crying, he held me tight and gripped onto the back of my clothing.

I sat there, hugging him in silence while letting him cry his heart out. I gently caressed and played with his hair to calm him down, and after a little while, he pulls away and wipes his final tears.

His eyes were a little puffy and his nose was red just like Rudolph's. He clears his throat and looks at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry if I ruined the mood. I just got emotional...." His voice trails off.

"It's alright, Jake." I put my hand on his.

"I usually never cry at all. Not even with the guys. I always keep my tears inside. I don't know why I cried earlier." He sniffs.

"I'm glad you were able to let it out. I'm always here if you need a shoulder to cry on, okay? Don't be afraid." I assure him.

"Thanks, Shiyeon." He smiles at me and cups my cheek, caressing it.

We made eye contact and got lost in each other's eyes, the both of us falling silent. We quickly snapped out of it and broke the eye contact. He removes his hand from my cheek and sighs deeply.

"Thanks for letting me cry on you, Shiyeon. I'm glad it was you who saw my emotional side, and not anyone else." He sincerely says to me.

Butterflies fluttering in my stomach, I give him a warm smile.

"Of course. Anytime." I respond.

"You're such a pretty girl." He whispers, breathing out.

"W-What?" I stutter, feeling flustered.

"You're super pretty, Shiyeon. You're the prettiest. No girl ever beats you."

He tucks some strands of my hair behind my ear, sitting closer to me while a cute smile remained on his face, looking into my eyes.

"You're handsome too, Jake." I reply shyly.

"It feels really good to hear that from you. I like getting compliments from you." His smile becomes wider.

"Why is that?" I ask him.

"Because you're Shiyeon. You're special." He answers.

"Thanks, Jake."

I pinch his cheek and he holds my hand unexpectedly, making my heart pound.

He was saying flirty stuff to me like he did before, but this time, it didn't sound arrogant and cocky; it sounded sincere and genuine from his heart, and it really made my heart feel all sorts of ways.

I never thought he had this side to him. He was being so affectionate, loving, warm, open... and I'm glad I get to see this side.

"You look adorable when you're thinking." He giggles cutely.

Suddenly, he leans in and kisses my forehead softly.

"I'm happy I got to have you all to myself today, Shiyeon."