10 (months)

I adjusted my seat so that it was reclined backwards just a little, so that the seat wasn't straight up and uncomfortable to sit in. I still sat straight up since the movie hasn't started just yet; it was just streaming all of the commercials.

Shivering from the cold breeze in the theater, I take out my zip-up sweater from my bag and layer it on top of me so that it covered my chest and arms.

Jake notices and looks at me with a rather concerned and worried expression, yet he still looked at me with his soft, puppy-like eyes.

Making eye contact with him while his eyes were looking at me so warm and soft, I began feeling unexpected and uninvited butterflies in my stomach and my heart began fluttering.

"Are you okay, Shiyeon?" He leans a little forward and whispers to me. "You're cold, aren't you?"

"Yeah. It's just cold as shit in here." I reply.

Suddenly, he takes the sweater I layered on myself and folds it, putting it back into my bag. Watching him in confusion and silence, he then scoots closer to me and pulls out a mini-blanket from his bag that was decently sized. He unfolds the blanket and layers it on both him and I, covering the both of us.

This movie theater was a bit different. The seats were all connected, with no arm rest blocking in between, so it was kind of like a 2-seat bed. It felt like I was on a bed with him and it was making my heart beat so fast, for whatever reason.

It felt a little weird and new to me, being this close to Jake with a blanket over us. My heart kept beating so fast and I didn't know how to feel about all of this.

"You really brought a whole blanket, Jake?" I chuckle.

"Yeah! I know how cold it gets in movie theaters." He says proudly.

"Psssst! Jake! Shiyeon!" We hear one of the guys' whispers from the other end of the row.

Turning our heads to look, the three guys are all looking at Jake and I with the biggest childish smirks on their faces. Sunghoon raises his eyebrows at us with a smirk, throwing us a thumbs up. Jay points to Jake and I, then makes a kissy face at us.

I facepalm and look away, feeling dumbfounded and not to mention, super embarrassed at the guys being immature about the two of us sitting together.

Now I know why they were so happy that Jake and I lost Rock Paper Scissors.

Evil fucks.

"They're so childish. It's hilarious." Jake giggles softly.

"I know. It hurts my brain just looking at them. Especially Jay. That fucker," I huff.

"Boys will be boys. Between a group of guy best friends, they always make fun each other when it comes to girls. I'm sure you know that." He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, while looking at me with deep, full eyes.

"Yeah. Boys will be boys, you're right." I gulp, my heart beating incredibly rapidly.

"I do think they're overreacting, though. They look so dumb making faces at us." Jake grins.

Trying to completely ignore the fact that Jake looks amazingly attractive when he smiles at me, I look away from him and instead, I look at the big screen.

What are these butterflies doing in my stomach?

Get the hell away from me, butterflies.