14

I stand still in place, still in shock about what Jay whispered to me.

"You'd like it better if I was the one kissing you."

I seriously don't know what's going on with these guys.

Jay is being super strange. They have got to be playing a prank on me or something.

I chug all of my Soju down in seconds and I pour some more into my cup.

"You really like Soju, huh?" An unfamiliar voice appears.

Oh gosh, what now?

I look to see a really tall guy, about my age or a little older, looking at me. He has jet black hair and a really handsome facial structure, and a laidback expression on his face. His voice is deep and low; kind of raspy.

I chuckle awkwardly, nodding my head.

"Yeah. Soju is good especially at parties." I reply.

In the corner of my eye, I notice Jay and Jake staring straight at me. Jay's laid back against the couch with his legs spread apart a little, and Jake's sitting forward with his cup in hand. I ignore them and focus my eyes on the mysterious guy.

"Careful, don't drink too much. You don't know if anything's been drugged." The guy chuckles lowly in his deep voice.

"Oh, yes. Thank you." I politely smile at him.

"Sorry if I came around out of nowhere. My friends have been bugging me all night, so I wanted to get a drink. Didn't mean to startle you." He tells me.

"It's alright, no worries. My friends are quite interesting, too." I joke.

"How do you know Geonu?" He asks me. "He invited quite a lot of people I don't know."

"He's friends with my friends. We don't talk that much, we're just mutuals." I respond, leaning on the counter a little. "And you? How do you know him?"

"We go to work together." He laughs softly. "We've grown kinda close over our shifts together."

"What do you work as?" I ask him.

"A barista. I make coffee and such." He answers.

"I used to work as a barista. Now, I'm just focused on college. Are you attending college or university?"

"No," he begins. "I think all that's a waste of time." He smiles slyly.

"I dropped out of college my second year. Hope that isn't too unattractive for you." He adds.

"No, not at all." I chuckle.

"You have really pretty long hair. I've never seen black hair so slick and smooth looking. It's sexy." He says.

"Oh, thank you." I reply awkwardly out of fluster.

He wasn't really flirting so hard. Sure, he just said my hair was sexy, but his facial expression and body language remained the same while saying so. He was seriously an interesting guy.

"I like your hair too. The way you style it is nice." I compliment.

"Thank you. I try my best," he rubs the back of his neck with a small grin.

"Do you want to exchange numbers?" He asks me.

"Uh, sure." I hesitate a little.

He finds a random pen on the counter and gently writes his number on my hand. He hands me the pen and I do the same for him with my number, then I back away a little.