21

Today was a tiring day, since I was out with Jake the whole day. It's been a hour since I came home and I've been resting ever since.

I hear the front door open and keys jangling, but I didn't really pay any mind because I thought it would be my brother.

But to my surprise, my bedroom door opens and I see Jay standing there. My heart kind of freezes up as soon as I noticed that it was him, since I haven't seen him in a week and a half, nor have I even talked to him.

"What are you doing here?" I sit up on my bed, looking at him with genuine confusion.

"Just wanted to come and see you." He responds, closing my bedroom door.

He walks over and sits on the edge of my bed.

"After ignoring me for a week?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I was... angry. I don't know why I was angry, but I just needed time to think about stuff." He responds in a serious tone.

"What stuff? What did I say or do that made you angry? Because I told you not to involve me in your and Jake's problems?"

"Look, it doesn't matter anymore. Just know I'm sorry and I missed you a lot the days we didn't talk or see each other." He comes closer to me, ruffling my hair lightly.

"Please don't be mad at me. I know I didn't even have a reason to avoid you, but it doesn't feel good when you're mad at me. Forgive me, Shiyeon."

"It's fine now, I don't really care anymore.. I was just confused, is all." I tell him.

That firm, serious expression on his face turns into a happy and soft one.

"Thanks for understanding. You're the best." He pinches my cheek.

"But... can you tell me what's up with you and Jake? And don't try to act oblivious, either. I know for a fact there is some tension between the two of you." I frown a little.

He sighs deeply, rubbing his forehead with his fingers in exasperation.

"I'm not sure what's up with us, either. The tension came out of nowhere and I don't know why. It started at the party, and that's when everything became awkward between us." Jay explains to me. "Especially after I saw you guys kissing."

"You're not lying, right?" I ask him, avoiding his last sentence.

"I wouldn't lie to you, Shiyeon."

"Why don't you talk to him, then? Clear things up?" I ask in curiosity.

"I don't know. Things are just awkward for us right now and I don't think the two of us are ready for that conversation. I'll give it a few days, to see if he reaches out to me first." He shrugs his shoulders.

"....If you say so." I hesitate a little.

"Have you guys gotten closer, or something? You seem to care about him a lot now." Jay subtlety smirks at me.

I scoff at his childish smirk.

"Yeah, we've become close friends." I nod.

"Of course you have. You guys kissed." He makes a snarky comment.

"Stop bringing that up, will you? It's not a big deal." I cross my arms.

"Look at you defending you and Jake. Adorable." Jay rolls his eyes.

"What's your problem with it, anyway?" I confront him. "You keep being passive aggressive."

"I just don't like the thought of you kissing any other guy." He looks into my eyes.

I almost choke on my own saliva listening to him say that.

"I'm sorry- what?" My eyes widen.

"You heard me, Shiyeon. I don't like it." He keeps his eye contact with me.

"Stop talking like that, it's weird." I feel my face turning hot.

"Are you sure you don't like it? You're blushing." He plays with a strand of my hair.

"Shut up, Jongseong." I smack his hand away as a joke.

"How does anyone not blush from hearing words like that? Asshole," I huff.

"Nah, you're just blushing because it's me." He winks at me attractively.

"Not true. You're gross." I stick my tongue out at him.

"YOU'RE gross, nerd!" Jay flicks my forehead.

"You're the nerd. Shut up." I blow a raspberry to him.

"I'm your nerd."