001.

FIRST DAYS WERE ALWAYS FILLED WITH DRAMA IN HATTIE'S OPINION

FIRST DAYS WERE ALWAYS FILLED WITH DRAMA IN HATTIE'S OPINION. For example, unresolved questions that friends (or lovers) have about what went on the previous summer or not understanding where the heck to go for first period or lastly, not knowing who you're gonna sit with at lunch this year.. is it gonna be your friends or the rumored weird group of people who keep gesturing for you to sit at their table? Now that's creepy..

Anyway, currently Hattie was walking into school with her best friend, Penelope, who were making their way to Nini Salazar- Roberts' locker.. also where Kourtney Greene was. The two were currently chatting about what the other one missed out on this summer. For instance, while Pen went on vacation to Bermuda, Hattie went to theatre camp for the fifth year in the row with Nini. This year, they got to put on the Music Man. Nini was cast firstly as Marion's understudy but got changed at the last moment to play her after something tragic happened to the lead while Hattie was stuck in the ensemble.

Finally after some talking about the summer, the two girls got to Nini's locker where Ricky and Big Red were standing. "What's going on?" Hattie whispered to Pen.

"They're probably remembering things or Nini's breaking his heart nicely." Pen answered. Hattie really hoped things were going well but by their expressions, the mood was painted by sadness and heartbreak.

"-but it's a breakup now." Nini finished.

"Pop off girl!" Kourtney beamed, proud of her best friend for standing up for herself.

"Stay out of it Kourtney!" Big Red countered.

"You stay out of it! I'm dismantling the patriarchy this year and I'm not afraid to start it with you." Kourtney snapped, the four girls walking off in the direction of the gym where the loudspeaker directed every student to go for the assembly.

"You crushed it! That could not have gone better." Kourtney encouraged as Nini smiled.

"What.. just happened?" Hattie asked. "We're out of the loop."

"Our girl over here broke the news to Ricky and he seemed upset by it. Did you see Nini's new boyfriend? Complete snack." Kourtney told the two girls.

"Yeah, I went to camp with the guy along with Nini. Very cute!" Hattie answered.

"Wait, I didn't see a picture of him!" Pen whined.

"I'll show it to you later." Hattie muttered, the blonde nodding in agreement as the four reached the auditorium where the assembly was taking place, taking their separate seats from each other.

"And I am pleased to announce that this year seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Friday." Principal Gutierrez announced.

"Go Seniors!" A senior yelled out.

"Go Friday's!" Another one yelled.

"And now for a special introduction.. this year, East High has a new drama teacher with a new announcement that she swore in writing would not cost too much money." Principal Gutierrez gestured to the front row where the new musical director along with Carlos got up from their seats and walked up to the podium.

"Please hold your applause." Getting a t-shirt cannon from the podium, "Go wildcats!" She shot it directly at Hattie's face causing her to flinch and put the shirt in the middle of her and Pen as the new drama teacher gave the t-shirt cannon back to Carlos and grab the microphone instead. "My name is Miss Jenn and when I heard that the high school where High School Musical was shot had never staged a production of High School Musical.. the musical, I was shocked as an actress, inspired as a director and triggered as a millennial."

"Auditions are tomorrow after school. The show could change your lives and I'm saying this as a background dancer from the original movie. Third from the left back row, red headband.. and those are my real teeth! Oh, and meet your student choreographer, Carlos.. you know him as captain of the color guard, I know him as an unpaid rising star." Then the bell rung indicating it was time to get to the next class which for Hattie was lunch. But, she wasn't heading to lunch today whereas, she'd be practicing in the theater and practicing for the auditions.

"Are we trying out?" Pen asked as Hattie grabbed the t-shirt from the seat, unfolding it and flashing it towards her best friend. "When I say we, I hope you know what I mean."

"Go Wildcats baby!" Hattie grinned, "I'll see you later, I'm gonna practice this period for the auditions."