002.

AUDITIONS CAME FASTER THAN EXPECTED

AUDITIONS CAME FASTER THAN EXPECTED. It seemed as if just yesterday Hattie was in the auditorium was practicing the song 'Start of Something New' Look, Hattie loved the High School Musical trilogy, but she wasn't one of those fans that were quoting every line or blushing over Zac Efron but she did adore the movies. She was hoping for Gabriella, but to be honest, but she had a feeling deep down she wouldn't get it. While Pen on the other hand, was trying out to be in the ensemble or be more than that like the dance choreographer.

Right now, both girls were in the room where everyone else that was auditioning for the musical was currently in. Along with everyone else, the two girls had numbers taped to their chest. While Hattie was 5, Pen was 7. They were sitting near Nini, Kourtney and EJ as Carlos came by and reminded everyone, "People make sure your audition number is clearly visible on your clothes. This isn't a game!" Kourtney was making sure that Nini's makeup game was flawless while EJ was boosting up Nini's confidence.

"I can't do this, I'm gonna black out on that stage!" Hattie whined, placing her face in her hands, earning a back rub from someone.

"You always do this before an audition, you have such a beautiful voice. You can do it! I believe in you." Nini encouraged making Hattie's head rise up with new found confidence. "You think so?"

"I know so." Nini smiled. The sound of knocking on the door made every thespian look. There at the door was Miss Jenn in her glory, "Okay theater people! Let's do this." Sounds of excitement rose through the room as everyone piled their way out of the room as Pen held Hattie's hand to keep them close together as it got crazy.

First up, it was dance warmups that acted like tryouts. Pen was in the first group and to be honest, she was crushing it. Hattie was in absolute awe the whole time of her best friend. She was dancing behind 1 and 2 but in Hattie's eyes, she was the only one really noticeable, other than 1. "Yes come on 1 and 7!"

The whole time Hattie and Nini were in shock. They kept looking at each other, worry and shock covering their features. Finally, claps came from Miss Jenn and Carlos, signaling the dance warmups were over.

"That's it for the warmup!" Carlos told Miss Jenn.

"That was the warmup?" Nini and Hattie asked in disbelief as the dancers came back to behind the curtain.

"Everyone pair up! And not with a friend, theater is a community."

As instructed, Hattie looked around for a partner. Instantly, her eyes laid on a red haired curly girl who was in a salmon pink oversized hoodie, looking for a partner. Walking over to her, she stuck out her hand. "Hi, I'm Harriet.. Hattie for short. Nice to meet you."

"Ashlyn." Ashlyn shook her hand. "Who are you auditioning for?"

"Gabriella.. you?" Hattie answered.

"Ms. Darbus. She's such a great character that needs more depth." Ashlyn spoke as Hattie nodded in agreement.

"And we're back!" Miss Jenn announced, clapping her hands together as Hattie smiled, happy she met a new friend in a place where she loves.

As everyone who wanted to audition for a lead role got in a line, Miss Jenn came around with scripts. Soon enough, she got to Ashlyn. "You.. you are giving me uncommon depth. Ms. Darbus." Right as Hattie heard that, she immediately couldn't contain her smile for her new friend.

"I'm dying, I'm deceased, yes." Ashlyn responded.

"Oh, your application says that you play piano?" Miss Jenn asked.

"I dabble." Ashlyn says.

"You ever written a song?" Miss Jenn queried.

"I mean nothing I've ever shared with anyone.." Ashlyn answered.

"I always thought that the drama teacher should have an act 2 power ballad. We'll sidebar." Miss Jenn smiled as she walked off to Gina, Carlos giving her the script.

"Gabriella." Miss Jenn said quickly.

"You got it." Gina answered with a smile. As Carlos was going to give her a script, she denied it. "Oh I'm good. I'm already off book."

When they reached EJ, Miss Jenn muttered something to Carlos, but it definitely looked good because EJ looked happy.

Finally, Miss Jenn got to Hattie, "How about Kelsi? I know on your application it says you haven't played since third grade, but.. would you like to give it a fresh go?"

Hattie shook her head, "No thanks, I'd rather audition for Gabriella." Hattie responded nicely as Miss Jenn nodded with a smile as Carlos gave her the script. She was never really a piano person or a guitar person, only acting was for her.

Finally she reached a angry Nini, "And uh.. how about we have you read for Kelsi?" Nini looked at her boyfriend to see what he would say and he gave her a look signaling she should try out for the role she wants.

"Um.. Gabriella. I want to audition for Gabriella."

"Okay." Miss Jenn answered, walking over to Seb. "You're reading for Ryan right?"

"I think he'd rather play Sharpay." Carlos whispered, gaining a smile from Seb.

"I love that. That is so fresh." Miss Jenn complimented as Carlos gave him the script for Sharpay.

After all the roles were given out, auditions finally started.