021.

"THE FIRE RIPPED THROUGH HALF OF THE COSTUMES AND THE SPRINKLERS RUINED A BUNCH OF YOUR SETS

"THE FIRE RIPPED THROUGH HALF OF THE COSTUMES AND THE SPRINKLERS RUINED A BUNCH OF YOUR SETS. I'M SORRY BUT I'M GOING TO HAVE TO RED TAG THE ENTIRE BACKSTAGE AREA FOR A MONTH AT LEAST."

"Did she just say costumes?" Kourtney asked sadly.

"Okay, okay.. listen up! Hug your neighbor, take a moment and let's reconvene in the cafeteria." Miss Jenn ordered, "Hattie and Ricky, spread the word."

"I got it. Okay." Hattie nodded, clearing her throat.

"Ricky?" Miss Jenn asked as Ricky was texting away on his phone, paying zero attention to what Miss Jenn had just said. "Ricky?!"

"Sorry. After school in the cafeteria, got it." Ricky recited. The day came quickly to an end and there everyone was again, but this time in the cafeteria. Nini was hugging Seb, Pen and Carlos for reassurance while Hattie was standing next to Ashlyn and Big Red.

"Okay guys, where's Gina?" Miss Jenn asked.

"I think she's going through a family thing right now and won't be able to make it." Pen responded, everyone taking a seat.

"Okay, prayers to our Gina. I'm really not sure on what to say. You've all worked so hard and I've seen all of you grow so much. But if we don't have a theater, we don't have a show."

"What?" Everyone was in disbelief, talking with each other on how 'The Show must go on!'

"Come on Miss Jenn, we've got to do something!" Carlos persuaded.

"I think we.. I don't know! I guess we could consider other venues?" Miss Jenn queried, getting a glimmer of hope from the students.

"Oh, what about the old Kingston downtown?"

"It's condemned."

"The lucky ducky puppet pavilion?"

"It's a massive Starbucks now."

"How about the El Ray?" Carlos suggested earning sounds of agreement.

"Any other ideas?" Miss Jenn deflected.

"Miss Jenn, I feel like you just had a really weird reaction to what I just said." Carlos voiced.

"Sorry what'd you say?" Miss Jenn asked.

"Carlos is asking if we can try and use the El Ray theater." Nini repeated.

"My uncle Reuben is the listing agent and the last thing they had in there was a fashion show, like four years ago." Carlos stood up and started calling him.

"This place has 500 seats!" Seb beamed getting everyone's attention.

"I can't imagine we'd be able to get in on such short notice." Miss Jenn tried to deflate the idea as everyone's attention went on Carlos who was speaking fluent Spanish. The only thing Hattie understood was his Uncle Reuben saying yes in Spanish.

"Sounded like a yes to me!" Ashlyn announces causing everyone to burst out in excitement.

"The El Ray theater it is!"

"Miss Jenn, aren't you excited?" Carlos asked.

"Yes I am that feeling! Wildcats, let's grab all the props and costumes that didn't get damaged and let's load out." Everyone was out of the cafeteria and walking right toward the old drama room, collecting everything they needed for their new location.

Now, the drama club was in the El Ray and to say it was creepy was the truth. But to make matters better, Hattie's allergy attack was in the going away phase currently. But who knows when it'll return? The Zyrtec she took earlier in the day won't be able to handle it for long. Everyone was holding a flashlight, trying to navigate their way in the dark theater.

"Right this way, follow me!" Miss Jenn instructed, "Ah smell that smell.. the theater.. mold, it's a sign of life! Everyone watch your step and let me know if you haven't had a tetanus shot recently." After everyone put the props away, everyone met back at the stage, the stage that once was dark was filled with light. "Okay let's have some real talk! Welcome to tech rehearsal. I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the tech in this particular theater appears to be hand cranked. Natalie Bagley, my dear, my stage manager.. this is your chance to be a hero! What, what's happening?"

"Natalie Bagley is getting her wisdom teeth taken out." Seb informed.

"Okay, okay, so I'm down to stage manager, my tailor is M.I.A."

"Gina's okay!" Ricky and Pen said in unison, "She's a fighter and she'll be back for Opening Night." Ricky finished off.

"Did she text you?" Nini asked.

"No. You?" Nini shook her head then looked towards Pen which also resulted in a head shake. Suddenly, a bag dropped down causing everyone to scream as Hattie latched onto Ashlyn's arm for dear life.

"Release! I can't breathe." Ashlyn wheezed out as Hattie departed from her arm and stood next to her friend casually. 

"Totally normal, just heads up from now on. Alrighty, Big Red, do you know how to hang a light?"

"I know how to hang.. out." Big Red answered getting everyone around him to laugh.

"Cool! Carlos, let's set marks to light status quo!" Miss Jenn commanded. "Troy and Gabriella, find somewhere quiet and run the rooftop scene. It's been a while and I need you Opening Night ready by dinner time. K?"