023.

IN HALF AN HOUR, EVERYONE IN THE DRAMA CLUB KNEW THAT HATTIE AND RICKY WERE NOW DATING

IN HALF AN HOUR, EVERYONE IN THE DRAMA CLUB KNEW THAT HATTIE AND RICKY WERE NOW DATING. For the whole rest of rehearsals, the couple couldn't keep their distance away from each other and everyone noticed the heart eyes, long gazes that were so shown during rehearsals. Now, the location of the play was getting switched up again to East High and everyone was helping out by moving the boxes back out and bringing them back.

"So.. it's official! Rarriet is officially a thing." Ashlyn screeched. "How are you doing?"

Hattie blushed, "I'm actually.. still on Cloud 9. We're talking again and he's my boyfriend. I couldn't be more happier."

"I'm so happy for you!" Pen beamed, "But I wonder how Gina's doing, I miss her."

"Yeah, me too. I miss her killer dance moves!" Ashlyn agreed as she did Martha's iconic dance move from the movie earning laughs from Hattie and Pen.

"Okay girls, see you all tomorrow! We got a show coming up. Let's nail it." Hattie smiled as she went in the direction of her car.

She got in her car and buckled her seatbelt, driving home. The only thing that was replaying in her mind was her and Ricky. Ten minutes later, she arrived home excited to tell her mom and sister that her and Ricky were now a thing, due to the fact they suspected it way before it happened. When she walked in her familiar house, she spotted her mother and sister laying down on the couch watching 'High School Musical 3: Senior Year' while eating ice cream.

"Mom, Heather, I have to tell you guys something." The two girls paused the movie, gesturing to a seat on the couch which Hattie took.

"What is it honey?" Michelle asked, placing down her ice cream.

"Something good? Bad? Who do I need to send a death threat to?" Heather joked.

"Heather Lynn. Don't joke about that." Michelle warned as she put her hands up in surrender, placing down her ice cream. "But what is it honey? Something good?"

Hattie started playing with the charm on her bracelet, "It's very good. I-um.. I'm dating Ricky. It just became-" Hattie got cut off with the squeals and the sudden hugs that she was receiving.

"Oh my god! We knew it!" Both Heather and Michelle screeched, "We knew you liked him! Tell us everything and don't leave anything out!"  For the next few minutes, that's what she did, she told them everything starting with when she found out to where they are now. After everything was told, she headed straight to bed, dreaming of the upcoming show she was gonna perform. With her boyfriend.

THE TIME WAS FINALLY HERE. OPENING NIGHT. The nerves were starting to return but this time in a good way. On her nightstand was the opening night gift she got for Ricky, it was a silver chain necklace with a basketball chain and a heart attached to it. Sighing, she got out of bed and put on some clothes, getting a bag to put everything (especially the necklace) in. The play didn't start until later tonight, but it was always good to get there beforehand so you weren't rushing around near showtime.

After Hattie ate her breakfast, she brushed her teeth. Afterwards, Michelle drove her to the school, wishing her good luck and the love affirmations she gives to her every time before a big play. "You got this! You're the most amazing Gabriella there ever was. You will sweep everyone off of their feet's, especially me, Heather, and your father's. You got everything honey?" Nodding her head, she kissed her mom's cheek and opened the car door running right to the school's gym, excitement filling her every step.

When she stepped in, she saw Miss Jenn, Nini and Ricky talking to each other. "Hey guys, hey you." She smiled, going on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek quickly.

"I'm gonna run, I'll see you in a couple hours for pregame. Just take a second, the three of you and soak in the stillness." Once again, a bag fell on the stage causing a thump as Hattie flinched, taking ahold of Ricky's arm instinctively.

"Sorry.."

"I think that was me."

"Okay how many people are in here?" Ricky asked wrapping an arm around Hattie's shoulder, bringing her closer to him, a blush reaching on her face.

"I'm happy for the both of you, you both deserve each other. I'll see you onstage later tonight." Nini smiled heading out toward the door and before she left, she took one glance back at Ricky and left the gym.