026.

WITH GINA, STICK TO THE STATUS QUO WAS A SUCCESS

WITH GINA, STICK TO THE STATUS QUO WAS A SUCCESS. Seb slayed his solo in the song, he really did make an amazing Sharpay, nobody else would've done it better than he would. Cheers were erupting up in the hallway by the time Hattie came near the stage for her entrance. When she walked onstage with Gina, she pushed her tray on Seb's chest feigning shock, about to apologize before Gina brought her away.

Act one was over, only a few minute intermission and then back on stage was a go. Everyone made their way back to the bomb shelter, absolutely thrilled Gina came back.

It was a family again. Pen immediately engulfed Gina into a hug, happy to see her return. Hattie couldn't help but smile at the blooming friendship or whatever it was that was going on with them. She felt arms snake around her neck, jumping slightly looking over her shoulder on who the arms returned to, recognizing that it was Ricky. She turned around and went on her tippy toes and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "Hi."

"Hi baby." He brought her in closer to his chest, the two sharing an embrace. "How am I doing?"

"Amazing, I still can't believe this is your first show." Hattie whispered. "You look like you've done this your whole life."

When Ricky laughed, she felt his chest rumble. "That's far from the truth. I've been a skater rat my whole life, not a theater person." Hattie didn't say anything, she just wanted to stay in this position forever and ever.. never move a inch.

"Troy and ballers in five minutes. Ricky we need you in your harness. Pronto." Ricky pulled away softly, pushing a piece of hair behind Hattie's ear and gave her a small peck on the lips. "See you on stage Gabriella." Ricky got handed the costume he needed to change into and walked off.

Hattie blushed a crimson red, doing one of her quick changes before she had to be onstage, heading toward the dressing room to check her makeup and everything, quickly heading back to stage, noticing Gina right behind her as she grabbed the prop textbook as the two walked on stage, taking a seat at the lunch table as the new scene began.

"It just happened.. and I liked it." Hattie confessed. "A lot. Taylor, do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you looking for a way to come out?"

"Not really, no." Gina scoffed as the sound of laughter erupted in the audience. The sound of the bell rung, "Oh come on, let's go!" Hattie and Gina got up with their props and left the stage although she had to stay around because she was in the next scene.

"Wow, so this is your real stage!" Hattie exclaimed, stepping onstage, expecting Ricky but instead she saw EJ.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━
" Okay what the hell? Where's my boyfriend? Last time I checked, Ricky was Troy. Not EJ. What'd he do with him? Lock him in a bathroom? Trust me.. won't be the first time I saw someone do that. "
━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Guess you could call it that or just a smelly gym." EJ retorted.

Hattie grabbed onto her microphone that was on her shirt and looked up at EJ. "Where's my boyfriend? What'd you do with him?"

EJ didn't say anything but only gave Hattie the basketball, continuing the scene. She released her microphone and attempted to make it in but failed, as her mindset was on Ricky and where he was. "Whoa! Don't tell me you're good at hoops too."

"I once scored 41 points at a league championship game."

"No way!"

"Yeah and the same day I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn." Hattie retorted sarcastically. Once again, she placed her hand over the microphone and looked up at EJ again. "Where is my boyfriend EJ? I'm serious."

EJ placed his hand over his microphone and leaned down, "You see that woman with a clipboard?"

"Uh-uh."

"That's the Dean for the Youth Actors Conservatory. She's here for Nini, but he didn't want to fail anyone. Especially not you." EJ answered.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." Hattie muttered as they finished off the scene with Ashlyn and Mr. Bolton who was portrayed by the kid who got casted as him. Once she left the stage, she immediately checked her phone to see if any texts were from her boyfriend regarding his absence, which indeed there was.

' i'm not going on for the rest of the night. my mom's new boyfriend showed up just when i thought things were getting better. have fun out there tonight❤️'

Instantly, her heart broke for Ricky. She didn't want to do the play without him and she wouldn't. Oh who was she kidding, she still had to perform, with or without Ricky. She shoved her phone into her pocket and changed into one of her last quick changes that night. Breaking Free was the next song and she wanted to sing it with Ricky. When cued, both EJ and Hattie walked on stage with microphones in their hands.