024.

THE CLOCK WAS TICKING AS OPENING NIGHT WAS GETTING CLOSER

THE CLOCK WAS TICKING AS OPENING NIGHT WAS GETTING CLOSER. The house just opened, signaling the audience was piling in. The couple was rehearsing the music they needed to prefect, Ricky had his arm draped around her shoulder when Carlos' booming voice was heard, "We got mystery flowers people!" Everyone looked toward him in suspense.

"Why a mystery?" Big Red asked.

"There was no card, so I'm guessing it's dealer's choice. But if I had to bet, it'd be for our leading lady!" Carlos pointed toward Hattie which made her place a hand on her heart, looking toward her boyfriend.

"Babe, you didn't have to do that, thank you!" She smiled, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"It's not from me, sorry." Ricky apologized gaining a small shrug from Hattie, her getting up to walk toward Nini who had her hair in a ponytail and glasses placed on her nose, wearing her costume that resembled Kelsi's in the movie.

She gasped using her hand to gesture to her outfit, "Nini.. I'm gonna cry. You look amazing, drop dead amazing."

Nini placed a hand over her heart and smiled, "Thanks! You look gorgeous, see you portray Gabriella way better than I would've."

"No, no." Hattie denied, stepping forward and placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "You would've nailed Gabriella, you would've looked drop dead amazing in this costume. You will become a lead at East High one day." 

"Yeah, hopefully." Both girls shared a hug before going their separate ways. Nini went and started to give good luck cards out tonight to everyone, something she did every year while Hattie went back to sit with Ricky.

"Miss me?" She tapped on the script that her boyfriend was reading opening her arms up, gesturing she was back. Ricky placed down the script on the piano, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulled her in closer to him causing the brunette girl to start blushing, cuddling into his touch.

"Half hour!" Natalie announced as someone screamed, everyone following in cheers after.

"Okay! Last touches anyone? Speak now forever hold your face." Kourtney announced.

"My beautiful babies! Let's gather round for some housekeeping." The couple departed from their position and stood in a circle with everyone. "First of all, who brought Versailles?"

"No one knows."

"Well, I suppose we'll have to share then. Oh, and speaking of sharing, most of you know that our dazzling Taylor had to leave under family circumstances. Gina sends her love and support to all of you but unfortunately, she's on the East Coast and won't be able to make it to tonight's performance. And so, I have asked Kourtney to fill in her stem." Multiple cheers, words of encouragement got sent to the new Taylor's way, happy the fashionista was joining the show for tonight. "So now, what I would like to do is please think of a word or phrase from the show that expresses where your head is or where your goals for tonight if anyone wants to share." A moment of silence hit the room, nobody knowing on who to go first.

"You're my guys and this is our team!" Big Red finally spoke.

"What if you want to try something really new and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you?"

"And now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart, the start of something new." Hattie spoke, trying not to burst into song, glancing toward her boyfriend.

"Go Wildcats!" Pen shouted, putting her fist up in the air, getting claps and cheers from around her.

"Do you ever feel as if there's whole other person inside of you just looking for a way to come out?" Nini asked, earning agreement from all around her.

"Do the romp and strut your stuff!"

"My shower head is very impressed with me."

"I'm proud to call you my sister."

"Aww, it's close enough. My nail beds are history!" Ashlyn exclaimed, flashing her nails getting some laughs. 

"Sharpay's kinda cute too."

"So is a Mountain Lion. But you don't pet it!" Everyone finished.

"And I'll just say, no matter what happens tonight, we're all in this together." Everyone was smiling once their drama teacher said that and it was true, they were all in this together since the very beginning. This drama club has become a family to many, especially Hattie. "Okay Wildcats, take a moment to settle your nerves.. if we had a curtain, it'd be up in 20 minutes!"

Everyone started to cheer once more and started to talk to whoever. As for Hattie, she walked over to her blonde best friend, needing some best friend time before she headed onstage.

"You're going to do amazing! My Gabriella. Always." Pen smiled as Hattie beamed, the two girls taking ahold of each other's hands starting to squeal. "I knew you would get her. I knew it. Ever since the beginning."