022.

GREAT

GREAT. ALONE TIME WITH RICKY. Just what Hattie wanted today. A bad allergy attack that came and went and to be stuck with someone who she wasn't on speaking terms with. The two leads nodded as they both picked up their scripts and walked off stage. In some time, they found somewhere quiet to rehearse. "How've you been?" Ricky asked suddenly.

"Fine, you?" Hattie replied, sitting down at the piano, her fingers glazing the piano keys softly, not looking at the curly haired boy.

"Fine too. Can we.. talk about what happened?" Ricky questioned earning a quiet groan from Hattie.

"What is there to talk about?" Hattie asked standing up. "You used me as a distraction for your feelings, then you gained feelings for me. You came by my house to do a proper slow dance and then, when I found everything out, you asked me out thinking I would accept. Why the hell would I accept—"

"Would you let me talk?" Ricky snapped cutting off her mid sentence. "You haven't let me tell why I did it."

"No, because I know why you did it. To get over Nini." Hattie snarled, "I heard you."

"Hattie, just let me tell my side of the story." Ricky pleaded.

"Fine." Hattie snapped crossing her arms, looking directly at him. "Go."

"Nini moved on 2 weeks after we had a relationship. I was hurt, hurt thinking our relationship meant nothing to her. I wanted to get over her the only way I knew would work. Talking with someone new as if nothing happened between me and her. Obviously, it worked perfectly because when I asked you out to Homecoming, I started liking you for the real deal." Ricky tells, "I like you, Harriet Hernandez.. and the separation of us talking right now? It hurts me so much. Every time I see you, I want to talk with you, but I'm giving you space. Just like you said. When we were dancing that night, that was when I knew, I'm not going to try and be with Nini anymore because I want to be with you instead."

The brunette stood there, biting her lip, fighting with herself internally. She liked Ricky and he liked her. Should she go back to talking with Ricky and possibly become his girlfriend? That's what she wanted anyway but should she? She sighed uncrossing her arms, "I'm not gonna be your second choice. Either I'm gonna be your first or neither."

Ricky took her hands in his. "You'll always be my first, I promise you that much."

Hattie looked down at her intertwined hands with Ricky and took a breath, finally coming in contact with her decision.

"My heart belongs to you Ricky Bowen.. and I think that this separation taught me that."

"And my heart belongs to you Harriet Hernandez which was something I learned the wrong way." Ricky confessed as Hattie blushed a bright pink, the angry feeling finally passing. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." Hattie said softly. "I would."

"Thank god." Ricky breathed out, "Can I kiss you?"

"What?" Hattie whispered, looking up at the curly haired boy, unsure if she heard him right.

"Can I kiss you?" Ricky repeated, stepping a tad bit closer to her.

"I-uh.. yeah." She stuttered as Ricky leaned in, having his hand on her face promptly as he kissed her. All Hattie felt was butterflies erupting up in her stomach, her heart beat racing and her cheeks were burning brighter as the seconds went by. Once they departed, both faces were tinted a light pink. "Wow, That.. that was great, let's start. Page 53?"

"Page 53." Ricky repeated as the two finally sat down on the piano seat starting the vocal warmups.

"Mi mi mi mi mi mi.." Hattie sang lowly, pressing the keys on the keyboard.

"You you you you you.." Ricky flirted, pressing the keys on the keyboard causing Hattie to roll her eyes playfully.

Ending the vocal scenes that they needed to prefect, the door opened, revealing Big Red. "Hey guys, we're ordering pizza while Miss Jenn is having some kind of real- time mid life crisis. You both good with pepperoni and soy cheese?"

The two of them nodded, agreeing with what Big Red had just said. "Fine with me thanks Red!" Hattie smiled.

"That sounds good to me." Ricky agreed.

"Cool!" Big Red smiled as he left the room, the new couple holding each other's hands, showing the drama club publicly that they were now together.