010.

AFTER THE BIG BLOWUP WITH NINI, HATTIE STILL WANTED TO GO TO HOMECOMING

AFTER THE BIG BLOWUP WITH NINI, HATTIE STILL WANTED TO GO TO HOMECOMING.. WHICH WAS IN A SOLID TWO HOURS. Well.. that's when Ricky said he'd pick her up. Two hours. Ever since Hattie has gotten home, she was like a machine, non-stop moving. Right as she got home, she took a shower, got something to eat and once her hair dried off, she got in her dress which was a pink bedazzling medium dress that went to her ankles. After that, she asked her mom to straighten her now dry hair while Heather applied her makeup as David was seated on the couch, thinking of what to say to the familiar boy who won his daughter over to go to Homecoming.

After her hair and makeup was done, she slipped on her white high heel boots that gave her some height and slithered on some rings and took off her 'H' bracelet and exchanged it for some earrings and a necklace that had a pearl in the middle of it. After the whole process was done, Hattie felt like a princess. A Disney princess.

"I need pictures of my beautiful princess!" Michelle announced, grabbing her phone. "Honey, stand in front of the stairs." Just as she was told, she walked toward the stairs and posed, "Normal poses Harriet." Laughing, she finally did some normal poses until she heard the doorbell ring. That would be Ricky. Here earlier then expected. She grabbed her white wristlet and put on her denim jacket as she opened the door. There was Ricky Bowen, looking dashing as ever. He was clad dressed in a navy blue jacket matched with a light blue shirt along with a blue tie, blue jeans and black sneakers.

"Hi." Hattie smiled. "You look great."

"Thank you, you look gorgeous." He grabbed her hand and kissed it, the same blush reaching her face.

"I'm pretty sure you have to encounter the family first to see if you're exceptional. Ready?" Hattie laughed, stepping aside so Ricky could come in which he did, the brunette shutting the door behind the curly haired boy.

"Mom, Dad, Heather, you guys remember Ricky. He's not my boyfriend, but is my co- star for High School Musical." Hattie smiled forcefully as Ricky shook each of their hands.

"It's a pleasure to see all of you again." Ricky said politely.

"So you've been the boy who has won my daughter's heart, to go to Homecoming of course. I never thought it'd be you in a million years, I actually saw you ending up with Nini instead. What happened?" David asked.

Sensing it was a difficult topic, Hattie grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "We broke up sir. Earlier this year."

David nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that, Ricky. Maybe you'll find someone better."

When Hattie was glancing down at her and Ricky's intertwined hands, she didn't notice Ricky's stare at her. "Yeah, sure hope so." All she could hear were Nini's words overflowing her brain. 'You took the role of Gabriella from me and now you're taking Ricky too? What else are you gonna take? My phone? Go ahead, EJ already did.' Shaking her head to snap back in reality, she heard her mother's requests to get a picture. The two posed for the picture, wrapping their arm around the other one's waist. "Have a good night kids!"

"Love you guys, thank you!" Hattie yelled as she strolled toward the front door, still holding Ricky's hand as the two walked to the car. "Look, I'm so sorry my dad brought up Nini. That wasn't really smart of him."

"I don't care. That's basically my title at school anyway. Nini's ex." Ricky rolled his eyes, opening the car door for her as she got in the car, buckling her seatbelt feeling remorse toward him. As Ricky got in from the other side and buckled his seatbelt, he immediately turned on 'Getcha Head in the Game' and started belting his heart out.

The mood quickly changed from remorse to happiness in seconds because the brunette was too busy laughing. "Sing it Troy!" As the song came to an end, the two arrived at the school. "Alright Bowen, shut it off!" She laughed, trying to turn off the music but the curly haired boy kept shoving her hand away. "Ricky, we have to go in!"

"Oh right, the dance!" Ricky laughed, shutting off the music. She gave him a knowing look as he got out of the car and walked over to Hattie's side and opened the door for her. He closed both car doors and took Hattie's hand instantly. "This okay?"

"Yeah, it's perfect." Hattie whispered as the two walked into the school, seeing Mr. Mazzara at the ticket selling booth.

"Last name is Bowen, first name is Ricky." Ricky said.

"Last name Hernandez, first name is Harriet." Hattie added.

"Harriet?" Ricky smirked as Hattie nudged him in the arm.

"Shut it, I'm not proud of it either." Hattie hissed as Ricky rubbed the area where the brunette just nudged him.

"Found it. Looks like the both of you are at Table 10 along with the other theater kids." Mr. Mazzara said tiredly, handing the tickets to the kids. "Snap a photo on your way in." As they went in, immediately they went to the photo booth. They got a silly picture, a cute photo where Ricky had his arms around her waist from behind which made Hattie's face turn the color pink and then finally a normal picture for good times' sake.

After the pictures, they went to Table 10 with the other theater people. Once they arrived, Ricky went instantly on his phone as Hattie sat in the middle of Big Red and Ricky. "This guy, he steals my girlfriend. 12 seconds after they break up, He's already laying the field." Ricky showed Hattie and Big Red the picture of EJ having his arms around Gina as she had a smile on her face. The brunette wrinkled her eyebrows for two different reasons.

One, because of how quickly EJ moved on and how hurt Nini must feel on her girls night and two, because of a sudden pang in her chest once Ricky said the word 'girlfriend' Look, she knew he was talking about Nini, but a little part of her wished he was talking about her.

"Excuse us! Are these seats taken?" Gina asked, everyone at the table looking toward her which revealed her arm in arm with EJ Caswell. The pictures were true, she came here with him. How? What? When?