013.

TODAY WAS THE PHOTOSHOOT FOR THE PLAY

TODAY WAS THE PHOTOSHOOT FOR THE PLAY. The emotions that Hattie was feeling were excitement and nostalgic. Being not on talking terms with Nini, also meant not on talking terms with Kourtney which was upsetting. She wanted to run out to the fashionista, squeal out of joy, thank her multiple times due to the fact she was happy with her costume but she has made it clear countless times that she didn't want to speak to her. She twirled in the costume, feeling absolutely happy with herself. Hattie was clad dressed in an orange cardigan with some flowers on it, a light green tank top underneath, blue jeans along with some orange high heels just how Vanessa Hudgens wore in the original photoshoot.

"Okay people, let's do this!" The voice of Ricky made her look around seeing Ricky in a wig instead of his normal curls. Seeing this made her start bursting out in fits of giggles.

"The wig.. Ricky, no.."

"What's funny?" Ricky asked while flipping his newfound hair.

"Let's get some air Wildcats!" Gina announced, doing a pose in front of the camera.

"Good morning Gina! Pretty good right?" Ricky asked, giving her a high five.

"You look the best!" Gina complimented swooning over Ricky. Seeing them close, Hattie felt as if she wanted to take Gina away from him, a common sign of jealousy that was flooding through her. Did their moment not even mean anything to him?

"Okay guys, we're gonna get one in for practice. Okay, we're all gonna count on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3." All of them jumped up on 3 but Kourtney ran through the camera so they had to retake it. "1, 2, 3." Big Red repeated, this time when they jumped up, the l got crooked.

"Wait what happened?"

"Where to begin?"

"I think you went early."

"Are we jumping on three or after 3?"

"Ready?"

"Nah man, I think you need some new words." Ricky teased.

"I think I broke a heel." Seb announced.

"You guys.. this isn't so hard. You smile. You leave the Earth. You land." Carlos said.

"It's a little hard to smile when we don't even know the plan." Ricky answered.

"I can't stop laughing at Ricky. The wig is a distraction." Hattie pointed at Ricky's wig, giving a meek smile causing him to scoff.

"Alright, let's take a 5."

"On 5 or after 5?" Ricky snapped.

"I think he's mad at us." Seb said softly as Hattie put a hand on Seb's shoulder.

NOW, IT WAS ANOTHER DAY IN REHEARSAL AND HATTIE WAS SEATED NEXT TO PEN WHEN SHE SAW RICKY AND GINA COME IN. A sudden urge of anger mixed with jealousy flooded through her but once Ricky took his seat next to her, the jealousy and anger vanished away.

"Guys, let's just start." Natalie declared, "Flip to 'When There was Me and You' in your script."

"Should we maybe just wait until Miss Jenn gets here?" Ashlyn asked.

"Well, I don't know. Apparently nobody's in charge." Natalie answered.

"Okay people! Let's stage a number. I'm late!" Carlos announced, laughing sheepishly.

"Is Miss Jenn coming?" Nini questioned.

"Miss Jenn had a small personal matter to attend to and won't be here today." Carlos responded.

"Oh is everything alright?"

"Good question!"

"Everything's fine. Why would you guys even ask that?" Carlos reflected. "Okay, Gabriella.." Carlos took Hattie's hands and led her onstage. "I need you downstage on this mark. Troy, stage right, Chad stage left box, um other boys..? Find a box."

"So they're on stage with me while I'm singing?" She questioned as the guys came onstage and stood on a box.

"Yes, they will be frozen in various poses to come as the ballad builds. You will be wandering through a forest of boys." Carlos answers. "Let's go."

The piano starts but Nini's quick to intervene, "At this point in the show, Troy just sold Gabriella out to his teammates."

"She's got a point what Troy did was kind of unforgivable. Respectfully, Carlos, I think the last thing anyone wants in this moment is four more versions of him." Ashlyn states.

"Maybe she could chop down the trees?" Natalie suggested.

"Or what if she's surrounded by a forest of loving and supportive sisters?" Kourtney asked earning sounds of agreement from the girls.

"Is it better if she just sings a solo acoustic version?" Ricky suggested, earning sounds of disapproval and disagreements except for Gina who was all for that idea.

"Okay you guys, this is not a democracy!" Carlos yells.

"Carlos are you okay?" Nini asks. "Cause it's not so deep, we can all just come back when Miss Jenn's here."

"She's not here and I don't know if she's ever coming back." Carlos snapped, causing everyone to look at him in shock.

"Wait what?"

"Is this.. a joke?"

"She's in deep trouble you guys. They're saying that she lied on her job application and there's a school board meeting in less than 24 hours and she's probably going to lose her job. I wasn't supposed to tell any of you, but I'm trying to do my best here." Carlos ranted as Hattie took his hand in hers, trying to give him some sense of comfort.

"How can we have a show if we don't even have a teacher?" Ashlyn queried.

"You know you could have told me." Seb said quietly.

"Miss Jenn asked me not to."