009.

HATTIE HEARD THE NEWS FROM NINI THAT RICKY CAME OVER TO HER HOUSE LAST NIGHT

HATTIE HEARD THE NEWS FROM NINI THAT RICKY CAME OVER TO HER HOUSE LAST NIGHT. The two almost shared a kiss, he almost slept over but he left in the middle of the night and no one knows where he went. Hopefully he's okay.

As of now, Hattie is at her locker, grabbing the book she needs for her next class. English. She was currently looking at her reflection, seeing if everything looked great, which it almost did. She had something stuck in her teeth and she had no water, no way to— "Hattie, hey!" The sudden voice of Ricky exclaimed, making her flinch and instantly becoming emotionless so that the curly haired boy didn't see what was in her teeth. Seeing him in front of her though, she was glad he was okay after everything Nini said that went on last night. "How are you?"

"I'm good you?" Hattie answered.

"Fine, look, I have a question. Would you.. like to go to homecoming with me? It'd be a Troy and Gabriella thing to sort of set that lovers tension for the stage. Y'know?"

Biting her lip, she was torn. Before deciding, she remembered her sister's wise words, 'If he asks you.. say yes. Try to talk to him, he seems chill.' But then she thought of the outcomes. This would upset Nini.. But maybe she'd be happy for you? It's just to get a better friendship with a mutual friend who's also my costar.. "Yes. I'll come to Homecoming with you."

"Awesome! Pick you up at 7?" Ricky asked.

"Yeah, do you have any memory on where I live?" She asked, the curly haired boy shaking his head, "Look on my contact, if you still have it and you'll see the address. Text me when you're on your way. Ok?"

"Okay, you got it." Ricky smiled, giving a nudge to her shoulder, walking off which gave her the perfect opportunity to head off to the bathroom to get whatever was in her mouth out. As she was walking, she felt a sudden blush reaching her face.

Suddenly, she got a ding from her phone and it was a text from Kourtney saying, 'come to the bathroom now. Nini's going insane' She sprinted right down to the location, already noticing her blonde best friend was already there. "What's going on?"

Pen pointed toward the bathroom stall, "Nini, you've been there for a good 10 minutes. You good girl?" And that's when Hattie decided internally, mission get whatever was in teeth out was a no go right now.

"Do any of us need to call the Nurse?" Kourtney asked.

"Too big to go down!" Nini shouted, sounding as if she was pushing something down the toilet which made the three girls look at each other in disgust.

"Top 10 things I never want to hear in a public bathroom." Kourtney cringed, "What are you doing?" opening the door to reveal Nini's homecoming dress (or what was) in the toilet.

"I'm flushing my homecoming dress down the toilet." Nini responded, the three girls laughing as Nini gave an innocent smile.

"Look, I know you still mad at EJ, but there are more healthier ways to move on!" Kourtney encouraged.

"I'm not mad, this is empowerment! I'm done with boys who think they can control me and ex's who can't even handle being friends." Nini ranted, "I am done with boys!" Nini attempted to flush down the dress again, but it didn't work, so she took it out and put it in the sink.

"Nini.. you need help." Kourtney reasoned.

"No. You know what I need? Like actually need? A girls night!" Nini beamed.

"Uh.. didn't we do face masks in the bachelorette last night?" Kourtney asked.

"Yeah that was fun!" Pen smiled. "That was so needed after a long week of stress. You know?" Kourtney pointed toward the blonde in agreement, agreeing with her silently.

"No no.. I'm talking about like a night on the town. I miss my bestie.. and my very good friends of course!" Nini persuaded. As she said that, nerves started to bubble inside of Hattie.. how was she gonna tell them that her date was Ricky Bowen? Nini's Ricky. She started fiddling with her bracelet on her arm as she looked around the bathroom.

"So it's like an anti-homecoming?" Kourtney questioned, "I'm down! What about you girls?"

"I'm down!" Pen exclaimed, doing a triple high five with Nini and Kourtney.

Taking a breath, she looked at her three good friends, "I would love to, but I actually have a date to homecoming this year."

"Wait."

"Rewind.. who?!"

"Girl, spill the tea!"

She sighed, "It's Ricky, I'm sorry Nini, we're only going to the dance together just to set in that lovers tension for the play." Kourtney and Pen gasped and held onto each other's arms.

A moment of silence hit the four girls before Nini sighed and spoke up, placing a hand on Hattie's shoulder firmly. "He's going to break your heart one day. Ricky Bowen is a heartbreaker, but because of his nice nature he seems to get away with it. Seeing him progress in the musical, made me realize I was starting to gain feelings for him again and here you are, telling me you are taking my ex out to Homecoming?"

"Nini, I know you're mad but—"

"I'm not mad! I'm just letting you know the truth that you should know."

"What? That Ricky's a heartbreaker? Why? Because he didn't say I love you back after you put yourself out there with a song?" Kourtney and Pen gasped loudly, observing what was going on, tightening their grip on each other, scared on what remark would be thrown next.

Nini took her hand off of Hattie's shoulder and was now fuming, "You took the role of Gabriella from me and now you're taking Ricky too? What else are you gonna take? My phone? Go ahead, EJ already did."

The brunette's face only hardened as she felt tears start to form in her eyes, feeling only anger. "Nini enough! I never wanted to take Gabriella from you, I accepted this Homecoming offer to get closer with Ricky, closer tension! You don't own him anymore Nini. I'm sorry to say, but you don't. He's free to date whoever he likes! You dated EJ. Let Ricky move on. I'm outta here." On the tip of her heel, she walked off and didn't look back. She felt her palms getting sweaty and her heart beat increasing only seeing red for her vision as she walked to her next class.