017.

WITH MISS JENN BACK, REHEARSALS WERE BACK TO NORMAL

WITH MISS JENN BACK, REHEARSALS WERE BACK TO NORMAL. The flow was normal again, the chemistry between Hattie and Ricky were boosting through the roof and nobody was contradicting who on what to do for the dances. Everything in the world was settling except for the leads who were currently on a no talk basis other than right now because the two were practicing 'The Start of Something New' with microphones in their hands.

'I know that something has changed..' Hattie sang, looking up at Ricky.

A ladder went over them but they proceeded to sing, 'Never felt this way, but right here tonight..'

'This could be the start of something new,' Both leads went on a box and distanced themselves from each other as they continued to sing. All around them was the dancers trying to make the scene a lot identify more like the movie. For example, a dancer came in the middle of them and choreographed herself as a disco ball. 'It feels so right.. to be here with you, oh oh! And now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart..'

'Feel in my heart.. the start of something new!' More dancers were coming in now with more handmade signs. 

'Oh oh, who would've ever thought that would both be here tonight?' Ricky sang. 'Ooh oh yeah!'

'And the world looks so much brighter with you by my side!' Hattie gestured to Ricky smiling as she sang.

'By your side!'  Ricky added on as the bell rang abruptly signaling it was time for Thanksgiving Break. A cheer came from EJ, making everyone look at him with confusion. "Yes yes! Woo! Sorry, I really love Thanksgiving."

Everyone laughed as everyone started to pack up but Miss Jenn stopped everyone. "Okay, hold on! I know everyone is excited for the Holiday break but I'm me and I have notes. Ricky and Hattie, your chemistry is through the roof, but maybe work more on your singing aspect. But other then that, I'm impressed. Your homework over the break, all of you, is to go on vocal rest and go over your lines too which is hard to do on vocal rest. Make it work and remember may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

"Excuse me!" Mr. Mazarra announced making everyone look toward him.

"Okay, starting now." Miss Jenn muttered.

"Oh don't mind me, I just came to return a missing item. Ashlyn.. cannot have our robotics co- captain going home without her binder over the break." Mr. Mazarra said handing the binder over to Ashlyn, who walked off to the piano happily. Instead of walking towards Ricky and complimenting him on how well he sounded during the scene, she ignored him and walked towards Ashlyn.

"Hey Ash, how are things? We haven't talked since Homecoming." She greeted, smiling at her friend.

"They've been good.. and omg, has it really been that long?" Hattie nodded chuckling. "You're gonna be our leading lady on stage soon! How are you doing?" She asked, nudging her arm with hers.

"Great actually. Some people actually will get nervous, but me? I'm cool as a pickle." The two girls laughed once she said the last statement, "Why did I say that?"

Carlos appeared up from tying his shoes. "Cobbler sounds so nice. My family has three protein courses and then everybody's asleep by six."

"My folks start eating at dawn and they barely make it past the Macy's parade." Big Red confessed.

"Thanksgiving at my house is always so good but it always ends at like what.. 5? Because my dad is conked out on the couch after the first serving he has." Hattie said.

"Well at least your folks are sticking around. EJ's parents are treating my parents to a spa in park city after dinner tomorrow. They told us to try and have a meaningful night at the movies..? Wait—" Ashlyn said, having an idea.

"I was gonna say.." Carlos continued.

"—do you guys want to come over after dinner tomorrow? Like late night party?" Ashlyn asked.

"I never don't want that!" Carlos exclaimed, the three of them smiling big.

"Should we keep it to a small group or-"

"Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow, everyone's invited!" Carlos announced, the bomb shelter erupting up in cheers.