018.

THE TIME WAS NOW THANKSGIVING

THE TIME WAS NOW THANKSGIVING. Hattie told her mom all about the thanksgiving party that the theater people were having and at first, she was hesitant to let her go because it was a holiday but then, Hattie reminded her about what happens to her dad every Thanksgiving at five. Very quickly, she changed her decision and allowed her daughter to go. Currently, Hattie was on the couch sitting down with Heather and her Grandma Louise watching 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving'

"So Heather," Louise glanced toward the eldest Hernandez and took both of her granddaughters hands in hers. "You excited for college?"

"I guess. It's a new adventure, y'know? I get to leave this crazy household." The older brunette answered. "Which I'm thankful for, I can't deal with my parents anymore. They're too in love."

"Agreed, we'll be in bed and then we'll hear them speaking love affirmations to each other. It's cute at times, but it's also weird." Hattie added.

"Girls, girls.. being in love is such a wonderful feeling. Head over heels is also such a great feeling. You'll know I'm right when you fall in love with someone.. and they love you back just as much." Louise recited, glancing between her two granddaughters, "Are any of you girls in love?"

"If I was, I wouldn't say anything." Heather muttered, "But no, not at the moment."

"I like someone right now. But we're not on speaking terms at the moment." Hattie frowned, looking down at her intertwined hand with her grandmother.

"How come my dear?" Louise asked her.

She sighed, "He used me to be a distraction for his ex. He gained feelings for me in the process of it but, that doesn't matter, it still hurts!"

"Wait Ricky? This is Ricky we're talking about?" Heather questioned.

"No we're talking about someone else." Hattie remarked sarcastically. "Yes Ricky!"

"I'm sorry my dear.. he isn't worth your time." The young brunette sighed as the thought of the curly haired boy flooded her mind. He came by her house to redo the slow dance that he stepped out on, he apologized after messing up the dance for the play and.. used her as a distraction.

"Thanksgiving dinner is served! Girls, can you help set the table?" Michelle asked, snapping her out of her thoughts, holding out a dish of food.

"Go help your mother my angels." Louise said, "We don't want your dad to help. He'll make the food fall over."

The two girls laughed as they stood up from the couch, helping their mom set the table and put the food out. After the food was set out on the table, the three girls called everyone to the table and everyone started eating the delicious food. It took about a solid good hour for everyone to be stuffed and satisfied with their meal. Just as expected, David was already sleeping after his first plate. Michelle rolled her eyes, not being able to believe that this is her husband.

"He's already asleep, Mich." Nate announced, "Good job."

"I know he is Nate. I know." She muttered, continuing to eat her food. A solid hour later, Grandma Louise and Grandpa Nate said their goodbyes, leaving the Hernandez household.

Right as they left, Hattie recieved a text message from Nini asking, 'Do you want to go to the party together?' She typed back a quick yes, putting her phone in her pocket. She yearned that the text would be from Ricky, but she told him give her space.. and that's what he was doing. The pain was terrible, it felt as if she was getting torn away bit by bit, yet this was her doing.. to be separated from Ricky.

"You gonna help me or what?" Michelle asked making Hattie snap out of her thoughts helping her while waiting for Nini. They were halfway done when the doorbell rung. "Go. I love you!" Michelle said, bringing her daughter in for a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Mom, love you!" Hattie whisper shouted, grabbing her coat, opening the door to reveal Nini at the door with a bright smile.

"Hey Hat, you ready?" Nini asked holding out her arm.

"Yeah, let's go." Hattie whispered linking her arm through Nini's arm.

"How are you doing?" Nini questioned, leading her to her car.

She opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed her mouth. All she wanted to do was to start rambling about Ricky and the pain that was involved with the curly haired boy. But she didn't want to do that to Nini, push all her feelings on her when they were heading out to a fun party. "Come on, you can tell me."

Hattie sighed, "Ricky tried to ask me out Nini. After he confronted me about what I heard. I said no, but I'm going to tell you something. Okay?"

Nini nodded making her attention on her. "I like Ricky. My feelings for him right now are pushed down because of the distraction thing, but I like him and I know he likes me back."

Nini made a 'o' expression with her face, "Oh. Okay."

"I wanted you to be the first one to know." She answered, opening the car door and getting in the seat, buckling her seatbelt.

"Thanks." Nini responded dryly placing the keys in the igniter and starting the car, the two girls driving to Ashlyn's.