011.

HOMECOMING WAS GOING GREAT

HOMECOMING WAS GOING GREAT. In Hattie's case at least. As the night went on, Ricky was really easing into the lovers tension thing by whispering things in her ear that made no sense which made her crack up and constantly complimenting on how beautiful she looked tonight. But in Carlos' case, he was grieving for his partner, Seb. Seb was nowhere to be seen and he told Carlos he'd be there. Right now on both of his sides, Hattie and Ashlyn were comforting him.

"He'll show up. Maybe he just hit traffic." Ashlyn reassured.

"We live in Salt Lake City. There hasn't been traffic since the 2002 Winter Olympics." Carlos deadpanned.

"Seb would never stand you up. He's not that kind of guy. He probably had something to do with his cows. Maybe one of his cows got loose." Hattie comforted, rubbing his back softly.

"Could you get me some punch babe?" Gina asked EJ.

"Sure... babe." EJ hesitantly answered and got up from the table, getting some punch.

"Hey, not to intrude on date night, but you can do better than EJ. That guy's bad news."

"You're not exactly one to give relationship advice and when I want your opinion? I'll ask." Gina snapped.

"Well, I'm giving it anyway because I sort of thought you were classier than this. But hey, maybe you are what people say you are." Ricky remarked.

"That is?"

"Dude.."

"Ricky no."

"A little too ambitious for your own good. Or anyone else's." Ricky said taking a sip of fruit punch changing the mood suddenly. Few hours later after the Gina and Ricky disagreement, both Hattie and Ricky were now at separate locations.

"So who asked who? Did you ask him?" Ashlyn questioned.

"No, he asked me." Hattie answered, taking a sip of her fruit punch unable to keep her eyes off of the curly haired boy.

"How did Nini react?" Ashlyn asked.

"She was the first person I told. Let's just say.. she didn't react too good." Hattie pursed her lips as she finally tore her eyes away from him. "Has Ricky always been this good looking in a suit?"

"Girl.. are you.. you like Ricky!" Ashlyn whisper shouted.

"I don't!"

"Listen to me, whenever he has his arm around you, you blush. Whenever he whispers something in your ear, you blush. Mortal of the story, you blush when you're around him. That's hormones and attraction all in one." Ashlyn squealed, "Oh my god!"

"Keep it lowkey! I don't want him to know.. what if it's just tonight and then I lose feelings for him tomorrow?" Hattie whispered. "I get butterflies in my stomach when I see him doing something cute or I feel a sudden blush whenever he interacts with me."

Ashlyn groaned, "And that just proves my point. You like him." All of a sudden, the music changed from an upbeat song to slow dance music and instantly Ashlyn pulled the brunette up from the chair causing Hattie to whimper. "You'll thank me for this someday." Ashlyn whispered, pushing her towards Ricky.

"Hey Rick.. want to dance?" Hattie asked sheepishly.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Ricky said, "Can I have this dance Miss Montez?"

Hattie giggled, "Yes Ricky, you may." Ricky put out his hand and Hattie took it. The two went out on the dance floor, getting in slow dance positions. Ricky's hands were on her waist while Hattie's arms were around his neck.

"We're getting good at this. I can feel the chemistry brushing off of us already." Ricky smiled, "Can't you feel it?"

"Yes, Ricky, I can." She leaned her head on Ricky's chest, hearing his heartbeat increase as the brunette recalled fondly on what Ashlyn had said. Did she have feelings for Ricky? I mean.. all the signs are pointed to it, especially after she saw him in that day in the library. As they were dancing, Hattie smelt a familiar scent and looked up at him with a meek smile. "Ricky, did you put on Throb?"

"Maybe.." Ricky drawled, "Come on, it's a lady magnet and you know it is."

Hattie giggled and rolled her eyes playfully at the curly haired boy she was dancing with. "Rick.. thank you for taking me tonight. So far, it's magical and everything I would've wanted a dance experience to be."

"I'm glad Hattie. I'd love to stay here with you longer but I should go apologize to Gina. She's already struggling with a lot and I made it a lot worse." As he took his hands off of her waist was a indicator to remove her arms from his neck.

"It's okay Ricky. Go apologize, she'll appreciate it." Hattie smiled, "We can always call or text."

"Yeah. I knew you'd understand. See you tomorrow, Wildcat." Just like that, her date left her stranded in the middle of a slow dance. She really didn't see the purpose of staying anymore now that her date left, so she called Heather and asked her if she can pick her up. She said yes and she would be there in 15 minutes. Heather stayed true to her word. In 15 minutes, she was at East High to collect her sister. The whole ride home Hattie couldn't shut up about what happened, she was rambling on what a wonderful night it was.