CHAPTER 3

WARNING!

WARNING!

This chapter contains
- explicit sex scenes
If you are sensitive to those topic please don't read.

Thanks and enjoy the story!

Amaya POV

"Stay the fuck away from me and my girlfriend" he snarls to me.
What the fuck just happened?
Petrified without even being able to find the strength to reply, I remain dazed with a cardboard box full of books in my hands.
I watch him go, he looks like a fury ready to overwhelm anyone who dares to cross his path.
I am aware that he would not have jumped for joy seeing me again but I did not expect this vitriol treatment either.
In his eyes I saw a disproportionate anger, as if what happened that night was just my fault.
Please tell me this is a joke!Where are the cameras?
What just happened cannot be real.
Jesus Christ we are adults able to make our own decisions, no one forced anyone that night.
It was consenting sex.
Of course I had no qualms about flirting with a man already engaged but he should have simply rejected me if he knew that he would not be able to bear the weight of the consequences of his choice.
I am tempted to run after him but I force myself to stay where I am.
I am here only to be able to start over, to experience a new beginning.
I'm not looking for trouble, I'm not looking for love.
I don't want anything from him, what I wanted I already got.
I'm okay with myself and if he has any problems he'll go fuck himself.
Who gives him the right to talk to me like that?
What makes him think I want something from him.
I am here for work, I want to do it in the best possible way and possibly without any drama.
I would never dream of intruding into someone's relationship, much less that of Sharon Carter and James Barnes.
I shake my head and put the box that I still hold in my hand on the floor.My fingers are numb from holding it for so long.
I start by emptying my suitcase and arranging all my clothes in the closet and drawers.
I look around in amazement.
This room is almost as big as my old apartment.
As soon as you enter there is a cozy sitting area equipped with a leather sofa and a large TV hanging on the wall.
Positioned next to the TV there is a bookcase, on the opposite wall there is a large window overlooking the New York skyline.
At the bottom on the right there is a sliding door that leads to the sleeping area.
In the center of the room there is a king size bed, white soft and fragrant sheets cover it.The blanket at the foot of the bed is made of soft fur.
To the right of the bed there is no wall but only a long and immense glass window.
The view is breathtaking.
Instead, along the left wall of the room there is a desk equipped with every technology. MacBook, scanner, printer and every miracle of Stark technology.
Only the best from him.
Rich son of a bitch.
Half a meter beyond the desk there is another door behind which the bathroom is hidden.
It is equipped with a large tub and a shower, I can't wait to try them both.
The floors are in white marble, as well as all the various components.
I think I could get used to all this luxury.
I look at the watch on my wrist.
It's still 10 in the morning, I have plenty of time to tidy up my stuff and take a relaxing shower.
I get to work and, taken by my thousand thoughts, I don't realize that it is already 2PM.
With the back of my hand I wipe the sweat off my forehead.
I spent the last 4 hours sorting out the contents of every single box, working non-stop just to put a stop to my thoughts.
I can't allow Barnes to screw up this chance for my rebirth.
I grab the last book I have left and go to place it in the library when suddenly something slips from inside.
I bend over to my knees and grab the photo that was hidden between the pages.
It's a photo of my parents, it was taken on the day of my birth.
Mom was huge but still beautiful to hurt, in dad's eyes a lot of anxiety but also an indescribable joy.
They were very young, beautiful and full of hope.
I get up holding the photo to my chest.
A knock on the door brings me back to the present.
I place the photo on the coffee table in front of the sofa and go to the door, opening it just a little.
Tony's face appears in front of me.
“Hey kid hungry?I'm ordering cheesburgers, would you like to join me?" Tony asks me, a smile on his lips as he watches me over the frame of his expensive glasses.
I open the door completely.
For a moment I hesitate, I would like to be alone and I really wanted to be able to take a shower but I don't want to sound rude and then one of the reasons why I am here is to learn to be in company, form bonds and friendships.
"Fantastic idea" I reply smiling. “Do you think I might have time to take a shower?All this unpacking made me unpresentable"
"Sure, I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen in 20 minutes.Agree?"
"Perfect.See you later"
So saying I close the room door and head to the bathroom, while my stomach rumbles.
Luckily I accepted this invitation to lunch.
I open the hot water and immerse myself in it, let the jet of water soak me and wash away the dust and fatigue.
I undo the bun I made and wash my hair too.
The bathroom products at my disposal are top notch.
Expensive oils and ointments all at my disposal for the hair I choose a Bulgari shampoo and for the body I use Pleasures by Estee Lauder.
The mix of these perfumes makes me ecstatic.
I get out of the shower and covered myself with a soft bathrobe I approach the large mirror overlooking the double sink.
I dry my hair quickly and with just a couple of brush strokes my hair is perfect.
Soft and shiny.
Thanks dad for this legacy.
I smile to myself.
I quickly put on a pair of black leather pants and a white turtleneck sweater.
I head for the big elevator but I remain motionless inside.
What the hell is the kitchen on?
I am not amused by the idea of ​​wandering around the tower like an idiot.
I hear footsteps behind me and soon after a tall figure stops by my side, I turn to see who it is.
Fantastic.
Since my life isn't hard enough what I really need is another confrontation with him.
"You got lost?" his stupid voice resounds in the elevator.
James fucking Barnes.
I look back in front of me, I roll my eyes without answering him.
"Do you think you'll be stunned there all day?"
I still don't answer him.
“Whatever.I have to go down to the kitchen if you move I can press the button"
I take a step back and mentally curse myself.
This place is huge because he has to go right where I'm headed?
For the whole time of the descent I don't say anything, I keep my arms crossed on my chest and my gaze fixed in front of me.
His damn perfume is intoxicating, he fills my nostrils and head.
Closing my eyes I can feel it on my tongue, obscene memories come to life in my mind.
I rub my legs together for relief, I feel my clit throbbing incessantly.
How the hell is that possible, this man isn't even looking at me and my panties are already soaked.
I sigh, he stealthily observes me attracted by the sound my lips have produced, after which he immediately goes back to staring at the elevator doors.
My only salvation?
Barnes appears to be a first-rate idiot.
Arrogant and pedantic.
His character will be enough to make me pass any fantasy about him.
God if I had known before that he was such a jerk I would never have had sex with him.
The bling of the elevator makes me jump in fright.
Barnes leaves without even deigning to look at me.
For a moment I am tempted to go back to my room just so as not to give him the satisfaction of having unwittingly helped me find the place I was looking for but then I think back to Tony and the concern he had in asking me if I wanted to have lunch with him so I follow him with my head down.
I walk into the kitchen 30 seconds after him.
"Hey Snow, you did it" a smiling Tony greets me.
"Yeah sorry but the shower lasted a little longer than it should" I reply embarrassed because I am clearly lying.
And Bucky knows this because I see a corner of his mouth rise in a small smile.
I blush.
"Don't worry kid, it's ok"
Then Tony turns to Bucky.
“Will you join us Barnes?Cheesburger" he asks, lifting the bag with the sandwiches.
"No thanks.I already have other commitments"
So saying he grabs a bottle of water and disappears through the door.
I watch him go.
"Is he always so annoying?"
Tony looks up from the bag in his hands and I realize I have spoken aloud.
"Sorry I didn't mean to be rude"
I bite my tongue.
“Nah…don't mind it.He won't be the best of fun but he's a good guy.A bit complicated and tormented but he is an excellent soldier in the field, whatever happens he is always there to watch your back”
I don't know what to answer so I just smile.
Tony hands me one of the cheesburgers and fries.
We eat in a pleasant silence.
After a few minutes I look up from my lunch and notice that Tony is staring at me.
"What?Do I have something on my face?"
I ask and I automatically run a hand over my face.
Tony laughs heartily.
"No, don't worry.I was just thinking what could have pushed a girl like you to become a professional assassin”
He says it with a disarming lightness.
“I've read your file Snow, you're good.A lot good.You could have made a career at S.H.I.E.L.D. why limit yourself to working in the shadows?"
This is the first time anyone has asked me such a question.Also because technically no one has ever come close to me so much.
"If you've read my file Stark, you know very well why I did it" my voice is annoyed.
I'm sorry to address him like that.
"You are telling me that the death of your..."
"Murder" I interrupt him immediately.
"Ok...did the murder of your parents push you to be who you are?"
His eyes are studying me, I can feel it.
"If you don't want to answer me, Snow does the same, don't worry"
I see him return to focus on the food in front of him.
I put a frie in my mouth and as I chew I start talking.
“That's why I'm here.Over the past 13 years I have used every free moment to look for my parents' killers, working in the shadows made it easier for me to search.But on my way I got lost.According to Fury, I was losing my humanity.Working with the Avengers, in theory, I should learn to trust others as well, not just myself”
I talked all the time looking at my hands, fearing the judgment in his eyes.
And instead when I look up at him in his eyes I see only so much sadness.
And compassion.
"I know what it feels like" his reply.
I know it.I know all about Stark.
"When my parents died I was only 20 years old.I was left alone with a multi-billion dollar company to run.I closed in on myself.I became arrogant, selfish.Then it got to the point that I couldn't even look at my reflection in the mirror anymore, I was doing stupid things just to destroy myself.In my opinion I deserved all that pain, I felt guilty for their death even though I have never had any guilt about it"
The heart in my chest gallops wildly, I would like to cry for God to have mercy on me but it seems that Stark is describing my miserable life.
I keep listening to what he has to say.
“But then Pepper came into my life.And the Avengers.I realized I was missing out on the best part.Everything changed when love arrived in my life"
"So do you think love is the solution to everything?" I ask him raising an eyebrow.
My voice exudes sarcasm.
"As trivial as it may seem, yes.The answer is yes"
We both finished eating, I ball up my sandwich and throw it all in the trash.
Tony is preparing to leave the kitchen.
“I have work to do now.You take the day off, settle down and get used to the place.And for anything you ask Friday"
I look at him confused.
"Who is Friday?"
“She is the AI who runs the tower.Just say her name aloud and ask for what you need"
Tony approaches the door but I need to ask him one last thing.
"Tony?" he stops and turns his face to me.
“Do you get used to it in the end?Do you get used to the absence of your parents?"
The man in front of me turns completely and takes a few steps in my direction.
I see him place a hand on my shoulder and squeeze it.
"No, it never goes away but when you manage to forgive yourself, their memory will be something pleasant"
I feel on the verge of tears.
"Thank you" my voice is just a whisper.
"You're welcome kid" and Tony goes away.
I rest with my back against the edge of the table.
My head falls forward and I feel some tears slipping out of my control.
Damn.
Tony's words hit me.
After all, he's right, it's me who keep blaming myself on something I've never been in control of.
I admire him, he is a strong and compassionate man.
Being able to forgive the murderer of his parents requires extraordinary fortitude.
The way he forgave Barnes for what he did is unsettling, he treats him like a friend.
He welcomed him into his home.
Obviously that not his fault, at the time he was still the Winter Soldier but this does not detract from Stark's magnanimous gesture.
Perhaps time will heal my wounds or I will continue to drag myself through this life like a wounded animal, waiting for death to come.
I need to distract myself, to vent the anger I feel inside of me.
I have to find the training room, Natasha told me more or less where to find it but I have the impression that I would be able to get lost looking for it.
"Uh...Friday?" I ask insecure addressed to nothing.
"How can I help you Agent Snow?" a female voice answers me immediately.
Wow, this is insane.
"Yeah, I...I would like to know where the gym is"
"It is on the first floor, second door on the right"
"Thanks Friday"
"Duty my agent Snow.For any other needs do not hesitate to ask"
Ok, this has been the craziest discussion of my life.
Stark's technology has something absolutely extraordinary about it.
I walk briskly to the elevator, I need to go to my room to change.
I'm wearing red shorts and a white top, my hair tied in a high ponytail.
Exactly 10 minutes later I am in front of the largest training room I have ever seen.
The floor is a glossy and bright white oak parquet.
The walls are replaced by large windows, the room is fully illuminated by natural light.
In the center of the room there is a ring, on the right there are punching bags that swing from the ceiling and a little further on there are benches and various weights and barbells.
On the left there are 4 treadmills and 4 ellipticals.
I realize I'm not alone, Sam is at one of the treadmills.
He is so focused that he doesn't notice my presence.
He runs hard, sweat beading his dark skin making it shiny and velvety.
I go in slowly because I don't want to take it out of focus but my sneakers betray me by creaking on the floor.
Sam immediately turns his gaze, wandering a bit around the great space until his eyes rest on my figure.
A sly smile is painted on his face.
“Sorry Sam, I didn't want to bother you.I'm leaving immediately"
"Are you kidding?" he asks me, raising an eyebrow.
“This place is big enough for both of us in fact it's big enough to house an entire football team.Join me"
Meanwhile he slows to a stop and then heads for the benches.
He grabs a towel that he rests on his shoulders and then grabs a bottle of water, he drinks in large gulps.
I approach a treadmill, a bit of a run as a warm-up is just what it takes.
I set the stamina and speed and started running, with the corner of my eye I notice Sam devoting himself to the abs.
Only our labored breaths resound in the air.
After 30 minutes of running I began to slow down, meanwhile Sam finished his exercises and sat in a corner to catch his breath.
I approach him.
“Are you ok Wilson?What are you doing sluggish?"
I smile at him to let him know that I'm joking.
I'm just trying to bond.
Sam laughs heartily, gets up and looks at me from head to toe as he approaches.
"Oh Agent Snow are you underestimating my abilities"
"Do you want to get in the ring?"
I ask him I address with a confident and bold air.
"Sure but don't worry I'll go easy on you"
The boy knows the fact of him but has no idea what I can do.
We both climb over the ropes and position ourselves facing each other.
We go in circles for a few seconds, neither of us makes the first move.
So, without thinking too much, I throw myself forward.
My fist right to his face which he promptly dodges.
We smile at each other.
Now he is moving forward, he kicks in to my stomach and I move to the side just in time.
He takes advantage of my movement to get behind me and close me in the grip of his arms.
I tug to try to free me.
I hear him whisper in my ear "Is that all you can do?"
I smile because I know he can't see me.
Quickly I give him a knee in the stomach, the violence of the blow makes him lean forward but his arms are still around me.
I take advantage of his brief moment of daze to give him another elbow in the stomach followed by a head on the nose and he lets me go, I turn quickly on myself and with a kick I mow his ankles.
Now he's on the ground curled up on himself and I'm towering over him.
"Is that all what you can do?"
I take it back using the same words as him.
"Ouch...sure you hit hard for being so small"
"Hey I'm more than proud of my 4.9 feet!"
I hold out my hand to help him get back on his feet and he accepts it.
"Sorry I didn't want to hurt you" I feel a little sorry.
"Don't worry!I would like to tell you that I am sorry too but I am somewhat stimulated by it"
"Are you serious?This is gross!"
I exclaim between amused and embarrassed.
But in the end we both burst out laughing.
"I'm kidding don't take it"
I see that Sam is keen to specify it so I cut him off with a wave of my hand.
"No worries no apology.I got this.You know I have the impression that you and I will become great friends"
"It would be a pleasure Amaya"
We both go back to our rooms to take a shower.
I feel more relaxed and confident in the future than when I arrived this morning.
Maybe my life is really about to change.