The Crash.

Requested by ElikNudelman

Description: a car crash changes JJ's and Mackenzie's perspective on life.

Mackenzie's POV

There we were again late to an event.
Again he had chosen his work over me.

"I am sorry Babe, Mams called me in urgently. You know I wouldn't do this on purpose." He told me as he drove a little faster.

"The thing is JJ, I don't know anymore. I don't know if you are doing this on purpose or not. I don't know anymore." I told as I fidgeted with my dress.

We had my brother's engagement party to be at. We were already an hour late because JJ had to leave to go to an important business meeting , so by the time he got back we were already late.

Me and JJ have been dating now for 5 years. We met through Tinder and we fell in love. It was like we were made for each other. He was my soulmate.

But recently he had started to become more distant. He was very busy with his music and TV appearances to even give a damn about me.
He was always at some meeting or at the studio and even if he is at home, he is so tired , we can't do anything together.

I just missed the old JJ , the one who took me on dates all the time, the one who cuddled with me everyday , the one who went on those late night walks with me.

"Babe you know this is temporary right, it's just a matter of a few months and after my album launch , it'll all go back to normal. I promise." He told as he placed his hand on my thigh.

I removed his hand from my thigh and told him , " Keep your eyes on the road , we are already very late."

He sighed and then spoke up, " I am doing all this for us . I am doing this so we have a great future together. Just bear with me a couple of months." He told me as he sped up a little more.

"Yeah , don't act like your doing this for anyone but yourself , JJ" I chuckled.

"What do you mean , doing this for myself." He raised his voice.

"You want to be KSI , the man who does it all. You want to be at the top. So don't tell me your doing this for us , you are doing all this for fueling your own ego." I told him raising my voice to match his.

"I have worked very hard to be here and I am just making a mark on the music industry. I need to work hard so sorry I couldn't be there to cuddle you or take you on dates. If you really loved me you would support me and not whine like a bitch everytime we are alone." He told now clearly pissed off and agitated.

"Yeah if wanting affection from my boyfriend makes me a bitch , then I am one. You changed JJ , so much and I just want my caring old boyfriend back." I told now controlling myself because we were on the road and I don't want him to drive angry.

"Well tough luck you are not getting him back anytime soon. So learn to adjust to this supposed new JJ or we might have to go on a break." He spoke now clearly speeding.

"What do you mean a break , you can't just go on a break in a relationship." I spoke now clearly shouting back at him.

"Well I am going to be like this busy for some more time so if you can't deal with this I suggest to take a break from each other. We were so perfect until you started complaining at all the little things, Mackenzie. I am fed up of all this." He told looking at me.

"Well one argument and you want to break up. I knew it , you don't even love me anymore. You just needed a reason to dump me. Well fine , if you want to break up , let's break up."