Opposites ( Part 2 ).

JJ's POV

"Are you sure you and Talia can't be here today, bruh this was your idea." I said stood in front of the mall pleading with him not to let me spend this day alone with Alexis.

"I'm sorry Jide , I'll meet you tomorrow at practice but I got to go and make sure to have fun." He said ending the call .

As I dropped the phone back into my pocket and cursed at my best friend for abandoning me , I heard someone call for me.

"JJ...." I heard a kid call out for me as he ran up and gave me a hug.

"Hey buddy." I said greeting him as I gave him a high five.

"What you doing out here alone?" I asked concerned seeing that there was no adult with him and he was too young to be out here alone.

"My sister is with me , she said she knows you , is it true." He asked excitedly as I chuckled.

"Well you shouldn't be out here alone and where is your sister anywhere." I asked as he looked back and pointed to a girl that was worriedly looking around.

Alexis.

"Chase , OMG don't ever go running from me ever again." She said as she bend down and gave the kid a hug as he laughed.

"Look it's JJ." Chase said as he held my hand as I smiled before Alexis shrugged.

"Yeah I know." Alexis said as she took Chase's hand in hers and held on to him securely.

"So Mr.Olatunji , let's go shopping." She said with a evil chuckle. Damn she must have bad plans for me.

The rest of the afternoon we spent in going in and out of countless stores as Alexis put together the most outrageous costume I've ever seen. I mean nothing matched, no color complimented the other. The only good thing was atleast she brought the clothes in my size , so atleast it fit good.

Chase was the only nice part of the day . The little kid was extremely excited for his day out and it was nice like having someone be like my younger brother again. Me and Deji, my brother never had that bond when we were younger so it felt nice.

Also........ Maybe I checked out Alexis one too many times , but you'll never catch me telling others that. She looked beautiful, I mean she always does. She was perfect.

But alas she wasn't my friend and we never may be more than the enemies that hate each other . Although hate might be over exaggerating it , maybe a mutual dislike towards each other.

Alexis' POV

I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Making JJ's life miserable was a great source of joy for me. I know it was evil , but he was my rival and that's what rivals do right.

Although eventhough I wouldn't say this out loud to anyone, the way he and Chase had already made a bond was cute.

After we had finished shopping, I realized it was late so I gave all the bags of dresses to JJ and we bud goodbye and Chase very reluctantly bud JJ goodbye and walked back with me to the car park.

"JJ is good, you guys should be best friends , like you and Talia." Chase said as I put on his seatbelt for him.

"Well that ain't ever happening buddy." I said with a chuckle as I jogged back to my side and got in and started driving back home.

The rest of the day Chase probably told everyone in the house of how nice JJ is and how I was being a bad person by not being his friend. I swear kids be so funny sometimes.

"So.....This JJ boy seems to be a great dude." My elder sister Mariah said nudging me lightly trying to annoy me.

"Nah he's not actually that great, he's like the cliched university bad boy, but I seem to have humbled him cause I beat his ass on the court." I said with pride reliving the humiliation I handed him.