Opposites (Part 1).

Narrator's POV

JJ Olatunji and Alexis Johnson.

2 people so similar to one another, you would think they are perfect for each other.

Both head strong, stubborn, confident, short-tempered , ambitious and extremely self centered individuals.

They were the kind of people everyone wanted to be. They were the centre of attention every where they went and they often basked in the attention they received. The praises and adoration always managed to please their own egos.

He was the University jock. The kind of guy who is good at everything except studies. He was a boxer and was also in the university football team. He also had a flourishing career already. His YouTube channel brought in so much money that even his teachers were jealous of the money he was making.

She was the what you would call the perfect student. Excellent grades and she even did extra credit seeing she wanted to become the best she can be. Not only academically but she excelled in all other avenues as well. She was a really talented artist and was the University Female Basketball Team star.

But even though they were similar and could have easily been the best of friends. JJ and Alexis never quite got along.

It all came down to one thing. Jealousy.

They couldn't and didn't want to share the spotlight with one another so they did everything to one up one another. Arguments and snarky comments on each other were a regular occurrence.

Then something happened that left both of them shocked. Their best friends started to date .

Simon was JJ's best friend since high school and he found his soulmate in Talia, Alexis's best friend. Unbeknownst to JJ and Alexis, Simon and Talia already had plans to try and make JJ and Alexis friends.

But for now, JJ and Alexis didn't like each other. Not one bit.

But what happens when they realize that not only their characters are similar but they are also going through the same problems.

The differences they thought they had proved insignificant when they actually tried to sort out their differences.

Nothing like a good enemies to friends story heh.......or maybe even something more than friends.

Alexis's POV.

"How much longer." Talia sighed from the stands as I took another shot.

" Talia , we have a game coming soon, a little while more please." I requested giving her the best puppy eyes I could as she smiled and rolled her eyes.

"It's just that Simon wanted to meet up after practice and he should be done." She said checking her phone, tapping her legs nervously.

"You know you and him are the legit perfect highschool romance. Football team captain and cheerleader squad leader." I said with a chuckle as I did a few dribbling drills.