5❀

"She did what?" Nie screams into the phone

     "Are you okay? Is Echo okay?" Shay also raises her voice on the phone.

     I just broke the news to them that my "mother" called me. They are panicking more than me it seems.

     "Are you going to class today?" Nie asks in a soft voice.

     "I don't know yet. Probably."

     "If you're not going to class then I'll come over."

     "Shay, you don't have to do that. Go to class, I'll be fine." I say, realizing I don't want to send Echo to school today. "I'll stay with Echo."

     "If you say so," Nie says, trailing off.

     "I'm gonna go get ready for class. Text Mr. Abboud so he knows you won't be there today. Love you." Nie says, ending the call.

     "Bye love bug. Stay safe. Love you." Shay says, hanging up shortly after.

     After we end the call, I walk back to my room to see Echo still sleeping peacefully. I walk into the bathroom and start brushing my teeth and washing my face. I hear little sniffles once again so I walk back into my bedroom to see Echo sitting up and crying.

     "Baby, what's wrong?" I coo, rushing over to pick her up.

     "Mommy was sad last night and I don't want mommy sad." She says with a little pout on her face.

     "Awe baby! Mommy is going to be okay, mkay?" I say, kissing her little face. I pick her up and hold her to my front so her little arms wrap around my neck and her head rests on my breasts while her legs wrap around my stomach.

     "Okay, mommy." She says quietly. I walk back into the bathroom and brush Echo's teeth. I put the toilet seat down and place a towel on top of it. I set Echo down on the towel and hand her my phone.

     "Mommy has to take a shower so be a good girl and sit here, okay?"

     "Okie Mommy!" Echo replies, smiling at me.

❀❀❀

     Echo and I both changed our clothes and we ate some noodles for breakfast. We are laying down on the couch watching Netflix. I'm laying on my back with my head rested on the armrest while Echo lays her head on my breasts and her little legs reaching no further than my thighs.

     That's when I remember I needed to text my professors.