14❀

I woke up on a beautiful morning with an excruciating pain in my abdomen

     I woke up on a beautiful morning with an excruciating pain in my abdomen. Echo was cuddled up to my side next to me, so I tried not to move too much.

I slowly sit up, and a wave of nausea rolls over me. I forget about getting up carefully, and I sprint to the bathroom. I close the door quickly, forgetting about locking it and run to the toilet. I crouch over and hot bile rolls out of my throat. I start dry heaving into the toilet and I grab my stomach, in pain.

The bathroom door opens and little Echo walks in with her stuffie and tears in her eyes.

"Is mommy okay?" She asks, slightly whimpering. I begin to tear up, overwhelmed with emotions.

"Um, yes, mommy is just fine baby. Can you bring me my phone?"

She nods her head slowly and runs out of the bathroom, closing the door. I flush the toilet and sit upon the sink when I feel a substance flow out of my underwear. I then realized that I was on my period.

     While Phoebe went to take care of herself, little Echo grabbed ahold of the phone

While Phoebe went to take care of herself, little Echo grabbed ahold of the phone. Zameer taught her how to call him in case of an emergency, and to her, this was a big one.

She quickly found his contact and clicked the little button with the phone on it.

It was 5 in the morning.

At this point, Echo was in hysterics because she couldn't understand what happened to her mommy.

Zameer picked up the phone after a few rings.

"Phoebe? Is everything okay? Is Echo okay? It's five in the morning baby." Zammer rasped out in his morning voice. He then heard Echo's cries and began to worry further.

"M-mommy is t-throwing up and c-crying and I d-don't know w-whats w-wrong with h-her" Echo cries even harder at the thought of something happening to her mommy.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay, sweetheart. I'm on my way over right now. Can mommy talk?" Zameer asks in a hushed tone, trying to soothe the little girl.