29❀

"Ma'am

     "Ma'am. That is my father-"

      "Well, I'm about to be your stepmother." Rosalind interrupts me as I show her a selfie me and my father took last night.

     After texting for a little while, I discovered that Rosalind lived only about 40 minutes from me. We liked each other's vibe so here we are in a cafe.

     Zameer wanted to take Echo out for a father-daughter date, so I thought this could be the perfect time for us to meet.

     We've updated each other on our lives and as we can see, she has gained some sort of obsession with my father.

     "Rosalind! Please be for real. This is my dad."

     She just chuckles and waves me off.

     "I am being so for real. He is the finest man I've ever laid my eyes on. Is he single?"

     "Yes but-"

     "Perfect! I don't know how, but you can go ahead and set us up."

     I mentally face-palmed before nodding my head. Rosalind was a very caring woman and from our talks, she would be great for my dad.

     She would be a nice breath of fresh air for him after what happened with Tanya, and she'd be a great-grandmother to Echo.

     "Thanks boo!"

     I playfully rolled my eyes before shaking my head.

     "So, I take it you're happy?" Rosalind questions before taking a sip of her tea, putting both hands on the cup.

     "I'm always happy?"

     "You can't always be happy. That's how delusions start." She says, snorting at her own joke.

     "Rosalind! I am not delusional. But, I'm very happy with life right now. Where'd that come from?"

      "You know, it's always good to check on people every once in a while. Never know what they're going through." She explains with a sad smile on her face, reminding me of what happened with her son.

     "Well thank you, Rosa. I really appreciate it."

     "Of course, and since you are going to be my stepdaughter soon-"

     "Rosalind!"

❀❀❀

      After a little while longer of us talking, we parted ways. I of course checked on her as she did on me, and she continued to talk about my father.

     Gross.

     I open the door to my apartment and am immediately welcomed by a strong animal order.

     A small french bulldog then charges at me and launches itself at my legs.

     Little Echo comes running right after it.