13❀

Echo is the cutest little girl I've ever seen in my life

     As soon as I saw her little face I knew I couldn't leave them.

     I had an extremely strong urge to protect her.

     And that's exactly what I plan to do.

     We woke up from our little nap like 2 minutes ago and Echo is being very clingy, it's adorable.

    "Zee?" She asks, looking up at me.

     "Yes, Sweetheart."

     "Can you be my daddy? My mommy said my real daddy is mean so I don't want him to be my daddy anymore."

    When she said this my heart broke. Literally.

    "Little baby, it's up to your mommy. It'll probably take a while because we just met." I explain to her in a soft tone.

     "Oh, okay! I'm really excited for you to be my daddy." She exclaims, cheesing at me.

     "Me too, little one," I say, kissing her forehead.

     Just then, her tiny mommy comes walking out of the bathroom.

     "Hey, guys." She says, stretching her arms out.

     "Mommy!" Echo squeals, hopping out of my lap and running over to her mommy.

     "Hi, baby!" Phoebe coos, picking her up and resting her on her hip.

     My heart flutters at the sight.

     "It's getting late, I should probably go home now," I say, giving them a sad smile.

     "No! No leave!" Echo whines with a pout, tears starting to form in her eyes. I rush over to her and look at Phoebe to see if it's okay for me to pick her up. She gives me a small nod and I take Echo from her arms.

     "Shhh, it's okay, sweetheart, I'll be back soon." I coo at her. At this point, she's full-on sobbing.

     "I don't wan you go!" She screams gripping onto my neck and nuzzling her face into my shoulder.

     "Baby, I'm not leaving forever! I promise I'll be back soon." I explain, rubbing her back.

     "P-promise?" She says, taking her head out of my shoulder and putting her little pinky in my face.

     "I promise," I reply, squeezing my pinky on hers, making her giggle. I give her back to her mom, who just stares at us in awe.

     "I'll see you tomorrow in class?" I ask, smirking at her. She blushes and nods her head. I kiss her and Echo's forehead and walk out.

❀❀❀