Ch. 21 - Mamma Malik or Mama Payne?

"Liaamm!! What's taking so long??" Zayn called out from the bottom of the stairs. It's currently weekend and the two love birds are getting ready to meet Zayn's parents. But Liam's still not downstairs yet which is weird cause usually Zayn's the one taking longer to get ready. So Zayn walk to Liam's room and saw Liam holding a bunch of his clothes, deciding what to wear still. "Just put on something casual, get rid of those button ups" Zayn said startling Liam. "O-okay" Liam replied putting down the long-sleeved button ups and putting on a white tee. "What's with those bags?" Zayn asked. "You said we might spend the night there, so I'm packing" Liam replied with a 'is something wrong' look. "No need to pack, you can just use my clothes and stuffs at the house" Zayn replied and Liam's face formed into a relaxed expression. "Now let's go, my Mum's been calling me like crazy" Zayn said reaching for Liam's hand. "Don't worry too much, babe, my family will love you" Zayn said stroking the back of Liam's hand as the two walk towards Zayn's car. "You'll do great" Zayn offered along with a genuine smile then he kisses the back of Liam's hand then he let go of it to walk to the driver side, leaving Liam blushing at the small gesture.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The road to Zayn's old house took about 3 hours and something, so Liam fell asleep through half the way. But now they've arrived and Zayn's pulling into the driveway.

"Baby.. wake up" Zayn gently shakes Liam as he whispers in Liam's ear. "Babe, we're here.." Zayn whispers again and this time Liam slowly stirs in his sleep before he flutters his eyes open.

"We're here, c'mon, my Mum's been watching us through that window for a while now" Zayn said pointing towards one of the many huge windows his house has.

"Mkay.." Liam replied tiredly as he rubs his eyes and sit up straighter and reaches for the car door to open it. He then steps out of the car along with Zayn on the other side.

Liam then takes in the house in front of him, two big wooden doors, three storeys, three expensive cars and a massive lawn with a small cute little garden at the corner.

"Wow.." Liam let out as Zayn chuckled and walk to Liam's side taking Liam's hand in his. "Your house is humongous" Liam said and Zayn just smiled.

"Yeah, me and my sisters would always play hide and seek when we were younger and there would always be someone who got lost" Zayn said excitedly and Liam laughs at the story.

They then reach the door so Zayn knock on it. But before Zayn could finish knocking on the door Zayn's Mum, Mrs. Malik already opened the door.

"Hey Mum" Zayn greeted but was solemnly ignored by his mother. "You must be Liam" Trisha asked excitedly and Liam smiled shyly at the excitement.

"Yes, Mrs. Malik" Liam replied along with a smile. "Ah, please, none of these Mrs. nonsense, call me Trisha, or Mamma Malik" Trisha said then gave a wink at the last part. Liam chuckled, "Okay, Trisha" Liam replied.

"C'mon, let's come inside" Trisha invited holding Liam's hand delicately making Zayn roll his eyes fondly at his mother. "Wow thanks Mother, never thought we'd be invited inside" Zayn said sarcastically which earned him a slap at the back of his head from his mother. "Go call your sisters" Trisha instructed Zayn.

So Zayn run off, "Bitches! I'm here!!" Zayn yelled out as he goes up the stairs probably to their individual rooms. Liam laughed at the family antics as Trisha leads him through the hallways and finally they're in the living room.

And Liam was shooked to see who's sat on the couch.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

There she was, a middle aged woman with blond hair styled in a bob and glasses resting on the bridge of her nose. Then, she turned around at the shuffle of approaching feet.

"My Liam!" The woman stood up and hug Liam when he sees him standing in the hallway.

"Karen, you know him?" Trisha asked. "Yes! He's my son, the one I told you about!" Karen said excitedly as she hugs Liam again before she lets go and steps back.

Liam then got out of his daze and finally comprehend what's happening. "Mum.. why are you here?" Liam asked, confused. "I was just visiting Trisha" Karen said.

"Hey Li, these are my siste-- why is everyone so tensed for?" Zayn asked mid sentence when he finally look up. "Aunty Karen!" Two teen girls shout as they greeted her. "Hey girls" Karen patted both of them on their backs.

"Hold on, hold on, you and you are friends" Liam said as he pointed at his mother and Zayn's mother. The mothers nodded. "So you two know each other?" Liam asked again unable to get it in his head. "We're going to give you two some time" Trisha said as she motions for Zayn and his sisters to give some space. Liam and his mother sits down on the couch.

"I'm sorry Liam, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you.." Liam's Mum started. Liam just looks at the floor the whole time not talking but listening still. "You saw it, you saw Dad beating me up everyday! But you did nothing about it!!" Liam shouted, his eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall. "I-I'm sorry my baby.. I-I, your father threatened me, he said that he'd hurt you more and worse if I ever dare to interfere, I'm sorry.." Karen explained and Liam's features soften as he heard his mother explain. Liam scoots towards his mother and wrap his arms around her and hug her. Karen hugs him back and places a kiss on Liam's forehead. "I love you, Mum" Liam said as he buries his face in his Mum's neck.

"I'm glad you two are alright now" Trisha said and Karen thanked her for making her find her son back in a way somehow. "Now c'mon, let's have dinner, Yaser's back and the children are waiting" Trisha invited and the Paynes follow her to the dining room.

"What happened to Dad anyway?" Liam asked his Mother as they walk.

A/n

Tadaa!! What a twistt!! 😂 The book's 'bout to end, I hope you enjoyed this mess of a chapter😁 Stay safe! 💕