Chapter 4: John Doe or Prince Charming?

After a dinner date that night, Mary Margeret noticed Emma reading the paper in her car. "Hey, you ok?" She asked Emma.

"Oh, in the world of tight spots I've been in, crashing in my car doesn't even rank in the top 10. "Emma told Mary Margeret.

"You're sleeping here?"

Emma nodded, "Until I find a place. "

"You decided to stay. For Hope and Henry. "

"Yes. This town doesn't seem to have any vacancies. "Emma sighed, stepping out of the car. "Is that normal?" She asked. "Must be the curse. "Mary Margeret added, and Emma chuckled. "Why are you out so late?"

"Well, I had a date. "Mary Margeret answered.

"From the looks of things, it went well. "

"As well as they ever do." Mary Margeret said.

"He at least paid, right?" Emma asked.

She shrugged, shaking her head. "Well, if true love were easy, we'd all have it. You know, if things get cramped, I do have a spare room. "

"Oh, thanks. I'm not the roommate type. "Emma explained. "It's just not my thing. I do better on my own."

"Well, goodnight. And good luck with Henry and Hope. "With that, she returned to her apartment.

"Yea. "

The following day, Miss Blanchard took the class to do a volunteer program at the hospital. She left for one second to grab something and when she came back only saw 14 of the 15 students she had brought with her that morning.

Finally, she found lucky student 15. Hope was in a totally different section from the rest of the class, sitting alone with one patient who had been in a coma for a long time now as she ran in to grab her. "Hope. We could really use your help with the decorations."

"Is Mr. John Doe going to be ok, Miss Blanchard?" Hope asked.

"His name isn't John Doe, honey. That's just what they call people when they don't know who they are. "She explained to Hope.

"Do you know who he is?" Hope asked.

"Nope, I just bring him flowers on my rounds. "She said, walking over to where Hope was.

"What's wrong with him? "

Miss Blanchard shook her head." I don't know. He's been like this ever since I started volunteering."

"Does he have any family or friends?"

"No one's claimed him, "Miss Blanchard said, shrugging.

"So, he's all alone. "

Blanchard nodded. "Yeah. Quite sad. "

Hope slid a sly smile. "Are you sure you don't know him?" She asked her teacher again.

"Of course, I'm sure. Come on, shouldn't be in here. "

"Guess who I found today!" Hope exclaimed to Emma and Henry at the castle that afternoon. "Your father. Prince Charming. "

"Hope.." Emma started but got cut off by Hope.

"He's in the hospital in a coma. See the scar?" Hope asked, pointing to the scar on charming's cheek in the book." He has one too. "

"Woah, sis. Nice find." Henry said, hugging his sister.

"Pfft. Lots of people have scars. "

"But these are in the same place," Henry added. "Don't you see what this means?"