Chapter 5:Saturday

"Are you sure we should be out here?" Henry asked Emma.

"Enough sneaking around. If your mom has a problem with me walking you to a school bus, I am more than happy to have that chat." Emma said.

"You're brave. You'll need that for Operation Cobra. Speaking of, should we have codenames?" Hope asked.

"Isn't Cobra our codename?" Emma asked.

"That's the mission. I mean, us. We need something to call you." Hope explained to Emma.

"I mean, just call me Emma. For now. "Emma said.

"Ok. Well then. See you later, Emma. "Henry called before following Hope into the bus.

"What's with the siren?" Emma asked Graham as he pulled the police car to a stop.

Graham laughed. "So hard to get your attention."

"You got it. Arresting me again?" Emma asked.

"I'm thanking you for helping find that coma patient. "

"What do I get? Accommodation. Key to the city?." Emma asked.

"I could use a deputy," Graham added.

"I have a job," Emma said, thanking him.

"As a James Bond. Not many people go missing here."

"And I don't see a whole lot of sheriffing going on, either. "Emma joked back.

"Here's your chance to see up close. Why don't you think about it?" Graham told her, giving her a business card." And stay awhile."

Sitting down at the diner again; and flipping through a paper, Emma Swan sat to think. She thanked Ruby for the hot cocoa before going back to reading.

Regina appeared a second later. "How was your walk with Henry and Hope?" Regina asked, pulling up a chair. "That's right. I know everything. But relax, I don't mind. "

"You don't?" Emma asked, shocked.

"No. Because you no longer worry me, Miss Swan. You see, I did a little digging into who you are. What I found out was quite soothing. All comes down to the number seven."

"Seven?"

"The number of addresses you've had in the last decade. The longest you stayed anywhere was two years. Tell me, what did you enjoy so much about Tallahassee?" Regina asked.

"If you were wondering, I did find a place in town."

"I know. With Miss Blanchard. How long is your lease?" Regina asked. "Oh, wait. You don't have one. See my point." Regina said. "For something to grow, Miss Swan. It needs roots, and you don't have any. People don't change. They only fool themselves into believing they can."

"You don't know me."

"Oh, I think I do. All I ask is as you carry on your transient life, you think of Hope and Henry and what's best for them. Perhaps, consider a clean break. It's gonna happen anyway. Enjoy your cocoa." Regina got up from the table and walked away.

Emma stood up, accidentally spilling the drink all over her clothes. She groaned, "Ugh, really." Ruby ran over, handing her a towel. "Yeesh. "Ruby said as Emma began to dry off her clothes.

"Do you have a laundry room I could use?" Emma asked Ruby, and she nodded. Following Ruby's instructions, Emma threw her clothes into the wash, and her red jacket on top of the machine, putting on a shirt that was already hanging in the laundry room.

She noticed another lady going off next to her. "You ok?" Emma asked.

The girl nodded. "The sheets are... They're pink."