Chapter 8: A Past Life

"Emma, what can I get you?" Ruby asked Emma, who strolled around the corner during Graham's dart-throwing.

"Nothing." She muttered, heading for the door, as Graham's dart landed inches from her face, into the doorway wall." What the hell! You could've hit me!" She yelled back to Graham.

"I never miss. You've been avoiding me since last night when you saw me.."

"Leaving the mayor. I am not avoiding you. I'm just not interested in having this conversation." Emma explained. "It's your life. So I really don't care." Emma left the diner, but Graham followed her.

"If you don't care, why are you so upset?" Graham asked, following Emma.

"I'm not upset. It's none of my business, really. "

"Can we please talk about this, "Graham asked, standing in front of her to keep her from walking away. "I need you to understand."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe so I can understand," Graham explained.

"If you need an analysis, talk to Archie."

"I want to talk to you. "Graham said.

"Well, your bad judgment is your problem, not mine." She began to walk away again, but Graham ran after her.

"You don't know what it's like with her," Graham said. "I don't feel anything. Can't you understand that?"

"Bad relationship, yea. I understand it. I just don't want to talk about yours." Emma threw back.

"I know you and Regina have your own issues, and I should've told you about that before you took the job."

"Yeah. Why the secrecy? We're all adults. You can do whatever you want."

Graham sighed. "Because I didn't want you to look at me the way you are now."

"Why do you care how I look at you?" Emma asked.

"Because."

"What?" Emma asked. Graham pulled Emma's lips to his, kissing her for a few seconds before Emma pushed him away. "Woah! What the hell was that?"

"Did you see that?" Graham asked, coming back from a flashback of some sort.

"How much have you been drinking? That was way over the line." Emma snapped, ignoring the question.

"Sorry, I just."

"You what?" Emma asked.

"I need to feel something," Graham explained.

"Listen to me. Graham, you are drunk and full of regret. I get it, but whatever it is you're looking to feel, I can tell you one thing, you're not getting it with me."

Emma walked off again, but this time Graham didn't dare follow. Instead, he knocked on Regina's door. "Graham."

"Are the kids asleep?" He asked.

"Yes. Why?" Regina asked as Graham closed the door and began to kiss her lips. That night, he lay beside Regina before jumping up in fright.

"What is it?" Regina asked

"I had the most intense dream. I was in the woods; hunting, I killed a deer, there was a wolf."

"A wolf?" Regina asked, now sitting up beside him in bed.

Graham went on," Its eyes; one was blood red and the other black as night. The funny thing is, I think I've seen the wolf before."

Regina kissed his arm, rubbing it in comfort. "Go back to sleep. It was only a dream, Graham."