Chapter 7:Breaking a love triangle

Start writing your story

In hopes of jogging David's memory, Katherine and Dr. Whale threw a big party at the Nolan's house the night he was sent home. Among the many guests at this party were Emma, Hope, and Henry. "You know why he doesn't remember?" Henry asked Emma sitting on the bench that lined the doorway.." The curse isn't working on him yet."

"Henry. David has amnesia." Emma explained.

"Which is preventing the curse from replacing his fairytale story with fake memories," Hope added.

"Right, because everyone here has fake stories that prevent them from remembering who they really are," Emma said.

"Right! And now's our chance to help him. To get him to remember.." Hope started.

"He's Prince Charming," Emma said.

Hope went on, "jog his memory by getting him and Miss Blanchard together."

That sounded too familiar for Emma's liking. "Did we just try that?" Emma asked Hope.

"Duh, genius! That's what woke him up, to begin with." Hope said sarcastically.

"So if they get together again, who knows? Maybe his memory will come flooding back," Henry added.

"Hey." David was now standing across from the three. "You're the ones who saved me, right?"

Emma stood up and nodded. "Oh yeah. I guess."

"You're also the only ones I know here," David said, laughing. "I'll just hide away with you if you don't mind."

"Of course not," Emma said, smiling.

"So.. have you ever used a sword?" Hope asked David.

"Nope. Emma, you live with Mary Margeret, right?" Emma nodded, and David went on," Do you know if she's coming tonight?"

"No. She couldn't make it."

"You should go out there," Regina suggested to Katherine, who had been in the kitchen, putting more food out on the table. Regina grabbed the empty bowl from her. "There's plenty of food. Go. Be with your husband."

"I lost him once; now I have him back. But it's like I still don't have him back. You have no idea how that feels." Katherine said with a heavy sigh.

"Actually, I do. I lost someone once too." Regina said.

"You did?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah. But the love I lost, there's no bringing him back, though I'd give anything for him to be here still. You have a chance; go to him."

"You're right. And Regina, thank you. Thank you for being such a good friend. Just been so lonely and not used to having one."

"Neither am I," Regina said.

Katherine smiled." Well, like it or not. You have one now." She left the kitchen and began to look through the crowd for David. "Have you seen David?" Katherine asked Emma who was talking with Whale. "He.."

"No."

David had left the house without anyone noticing. He went for a walk to see if he could find Mary Margeret. He finally did, seeing as she began to hang a birdhouse. "Did you not get an invite?" He asked, laughing.

"David."

He grabbed the birdhouse from her hand, placing it on the branch. "I heard you resigned from the hospital. Was it me?" David asked. "Because of what I told you, how I felt, about you. Come on, don't tell me it's one-sided."