Chapter 13:Girl's Night

"Mr. Gold. Quite a show back there." Regina said as he walked away from the flower shop deal. The deal ended in the delivery truck being driven away from the shop owner. He walked over to her.

"He's just having a bad day. Happens to the best of us."

"I've meant to talk to you about something." Regina started.

"The moment I have something I want to discuss, we can have that little chat."

Regina blocked his path." No. We're going to do this now. It'll only take a moment."

"Is there something you need, dear? Something you need to get out in the open?Because it's going to have to wait. Please." He said, walking away.

"Oh, you got the book." Mary Margeret said, looking across the diner towards David.

"Yeah. Just started it. Can't wait to see how it ends."

"I can push the tables together if you guys.." Ruby started, pausing to fill Mary Margeret's mug with fresh coffee.

"Oh no. We're not together." The two said.

"Hey, David." Emma said, sitting down at Mary Margeret's table." Mary Margeret. So how's your day going?"

"Hope and Henry are fine." She said in an attempt to change the subject.

"That's not what I asked you. You sure?"

Mary Margeret nodded. "Mhm. Just their normal, bubbly selves. Regina won't keep you separated forever. If people are supposed to be together, they find a way."

"Ok. Normal self. So they're fine, happy."

Mary Margeret nodded." Yes. Well, no,they miss you. A lot. Trust me. I mean, take it from someone who's with them 6 hours a day, five days a week.

"Six hours? You take newborns?" Ashley joked. "I'd love 6 hours off."

"Ashley! I didn't even recognize you."

Ashley handed Alexandra off to Granny, pulling up a chair. "Baby on the outside."
"How's it going?" Emma asked.

"Eh. It's going. Baby's doing great, but we haven't had time to do the whole getting married thing, so that's been rough and Shawne's working double shifts at the cannery. He has to work on Valentine's day, though; he couldn't get out of it."

"That sucks."

Ruby dropped by the table, passing Ashley a coffee. "Doesn't have to. Not with me. Let's have a girl's night. We can all go! Mary Margeret, Emma; leaving the badge at home."

"I'm not really in the party mood. But you all can go and have fun. Station, something's up. I'll catch you later." Emma picked up her phone again and raced outside. It turns out it was just Gold sneaking suspiciously into a house. "This was a robbery—a public menace. And if you don't tell me what you know, I will have to arrest you for obstruction of justice. And I got a feeling you don't want to be behind bars."

"Indeed not. Jonah French. He sells flowers. A short time ago, we had a little disagreement."

"I'll look into him," Emma said.

"See that you do. Let's just say bad things tend to happen to good people."

"Is that a threat?" Emma questioned.

"Observation. Good luck, Miss Swan." He waited for a call from Emma. No sooner than he did, he met her at the station.

"You're right. The man ripped you off. All still in his place." Emma said, sitting down. "Closing in on him."